[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saving fuel in a V8 car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Ford-Mustang_GT-2015-1280-1c.jpg (177KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ford-Mustang_GT-2015-1280-1c.jpg
177KB, 1280x960px
Is it possible to get more mpgees in a V8 equipped car?

Examples :
Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Challenger RT, Jag F-Type R, etc?
>>
>More
Than what?
Just drive sensibly and keep the RPM low.
>>
>>17477175
don't run your car hard. You really bought the wrong car to save gas in
>>
>>17477175
I drive OP car. I can get like 23 mpg driving like a grandma but that is something I only do when Im low on gas and need to stretch the tank
>>
yes
shut it down whenever you're stopping for more than 5 seconds and start it back up when you move
keep the revs LOOOOW, like under 2k. you have enough torque to compensate
>>
>>17477175
Eggshell the throttle basically. Shift up as soon as you think you can do it. You don't buy a muscle car to save gas in, OP. You want that, get a Focus or a Fiesta. Or a Prius.
>>
>>17477175
Shift at 2k rpms
Go the speed limit
if it takes it put premium in if not use 86 octane
beyond going the speed limit and using appropriate petrol there is nothing else you can do.
>>
>>17477391
Most modern cars use very little fuel when idling these days. It's harder on the engine to keep starting and stopping it. If you're going to be idling for more than a minute or two, like if you're waiting for a train to pass, shut it off by all means.
>>
>>17477175
Don't C5 corvettes get about 28mpgees everywhere they go?
>>
>>17477418
That's somewhat true, but a lot of new cars have start/stop technology where it shuts the engine off at traffic lights, then starts it again when you hit the gas to go.
>>
>>17477418
Don't know what the long term reliability is of the chevy malibu but the new ones turn off when idling at a stop light
>>
It depends on the engine and factory exhaust and driving style mostly. After swapping for some longtubes, a catback, an aftermarket cam, and a CAI my highway MPG's increased by about 5 mpg. The increased exhaust flow efficiency over the factory equipment helped me reach 30 mpg with a 6.2L V8. Now its supercharged though so I'm barely in the teens :^)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.