[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOOD, THE FUTURE LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 21

File: trash.jpg (882KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
882KB, 4032x3024px
DOOD, THE FUTURE LMAO
>>
My $20 Thrustmaster PC wheel looks higher quality than that steering wheel.

The fuck are they thinking?
>>
>"t..t..tesla is the future goyim!"
>touchscreen breaks
>car wont move without it because it's invariably linked to the...propulsion system or whatever the correct term is via it's MAC or something equally stupid
>meanwhile your 3k civic (with simple mods) continues to run

i can't wait for the first problems with these, the salt from /r/futurology plebs will be glorious.
>>
honestly what the fuck is going on with the center console
>>
>>17470730
it's a giant gaping hole for your hopes and dreams
>>
>>17470724
They're thinking you're not gonna be using the wheel a whole lot since AutoPilot is standard.
>>
File: IMG_1612.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1612.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
>>17470781
>being delusional to a whole new level

This entire interior means only one thing: the car needs to be cheap.

That's it, you want to make an electric car for the masses that can't afford to spend > $100.000 in an era during which electric cars are not profitable because of the high costs of batteries, so as you're losing money for every car you sell, this is what the right compromise (for Tesla) must look like: complete shit.

I repeat myself again: when electric cars will be profitable (read: the batteries won't cost too much) we'll see every possible manufacturer producing these kind of cars, brands with actual experience and history, not just an apple fanboy with rich friends throwing money in a company that doesn't make money.

Would you prefer an all electric Mercedes with its nice interior or a Model S for the same price, with its massive defects and third world build quality?
>>
>>17470726
you're retarded

they have a ton less moving parts and a ton less shit to break as your $3k civic
>>
>>17471014
all their shit is linked to that shitty ipad tho

ipad gets fucked = whole thing is fucked
>>
>>17471019
The touchscreen is merely the interface, the actual "brain" is located somewhere else
If the screen breaks, just get them to replace it
>>
>>17471019
Not to talk about the fact that operating the AC system by touching a screen is utterly retarded and dangerous when driving.

What if the screen breaks with AC at highest temperature and speed? You wanted to defrost the windows but you ended up driving to the first Tesla dealership sweating and driving shirtless during winter.

>B-BUT MUH MOVING PARTS
>>
>>17470722
>people want a cheap electric car
>Telsa makes just like that
b-but it's cheap!

Yuropoors can fuck off.
>>
>>17471029
As soon as you touch the screen, AutoPilot takes over for you
>>
>>17470722
You can shitpost about it on 4chan all your want, but these actually are the future. This train is rolling and you'll all be getting on at some point. Personally I'm enjoying the ride as TSLA stock is up 75% the past 6 months alone.
>>
File: IMG_1670.jpg (103KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.jpg
103KB, 470x300px
>>17471037
>>
>>17471040
despite eairler shitposting im not actually against electric cars, i think the p90 or w/e its called is pretty impressive how it can accelerate that fast, and frankly if people can power their cars with doritos they should also be able to power them with electricity.

it's the self driving stuff that needs to die. i can think of loads of situations where a self driving car wont work but the ISIS-tier fanatics just won't admit to it.
>>
>>17471037
Oh really? That's actually clever.
>>
>>17471032
There's a difference between making a car cheaper and making the interior total fucking garbage
>>
>>17471061
>autopilot on the fritz
>reach over to turn down the AC
>car drives itself into a bridge abutment
>>
>>17470722
THICC
>>
>>17470722
APart from the wheel I really like it
>>
>>17471245
>haha, this'll happen in the span of the .3 seconds it took to adjust the AC
>>
>>17471029
You can control everything using the steering wheel.
https://youtu.be/U_H6rRuo6Xo
>>
>misaligned trim
>ugly interior
>hilarious design details
>still gets more attention than a ferrari on the street

hmm
>>
>>17471450
Are there any positives?
>>
>>17470781
All the sensors and computers are standard but activating it costs extra.
>>
>>17470726
What simple mods?
>>
>>17471450
Yep, top American engineering
>>
>>17471474
>DLC on a car
How long until it's hacked?
>>
>>17471558
Already happened. Tesla immediately noticed via remote monitoring, called the owner and threatened to void the warranty.
>>
>>17471682
Teslacucks will defend this
>>
>>17470781
autopilot doesn't work everywhere
>>
I actually kinda like it. Its very minimalist. Although I do not like the techness to it and would much rather prefer a conventional infotainment system with small basics like Bluetooth and whatever. Where is the gauge cluster though?
>>
>>17471475

1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.
>>
>>17472174
can we stop with the pastas?
>>
>>17471014
yet they still get completely JUST'd and even turn into a big metal barbeque if you run them hard
>>
>>17471003
The only solid post ITT
>>
>>17471682
>void warranty
Pretty sure thats illegal. Not that companies or the gov give a shit. Car companies cant void your warranty for using an aftermarket oil filter when you change your oil, same thing goes for phones and other devices, but again not like the gov gives a shit
>>
>>17471003
>Would you prefer an all electric Mercedes with its nice interior or a Model S for the same price, with its massive defects and third world build quality?

While that might seem straightforward, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is 'no' for a lot of people. What Tesla is doing is that it's trying to become the next Apple in terms of how it presents itself to it's customers. That means that it's brand is going to be more important than the reliability and what you get for that price. If they play their cards right, they'll end up with a fan community consisting of Apple fanboys that will buy anything with their badge and then defend it with their life by regurgitating the same old marketing phrases like >>17471014
>>
>>17472795
>implying that the exact thing you're suggesting won't happen with VW and Audi electric cars
>>
>>17472864
It won't. Not in the way it's gonna happen with Tesla. Audi is pretty much the same business model with overpriced rebadged VWs, but it's not going to be able to get the Apple crowd. It's an old brand that does like all the other car brands do, Applefags can't be seen driving that shit that everyone else drives. Applefags need a company that does it as differently as possible. Quirky cars that don't have a ton of things others have because "you don't need them anymore, here's what we're gonna use in the future". A new and alternative brand name. And most importantly a messiah like Steve Jobs was.
>>
>>17472766
I'm pretty sure that the car company can do whatever the fuck they want. If Ford wanted to void your warranty because you didn't use motorcraft filters, you bet your ass they could.
>>
>>17473479
nope, federal law says the manufacturer has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem if they want to deny warranty

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0138-auto-warranties-routine-maintenance
>>
>>17471003
the batteries arent expensive these cars are just cheap as fuck to make and marked up really really high.
>>
>>17472545
at least it bumps the thread and keeps it off page 10
>>
>>17470726
>>17471019
The screen is a screen. It doesn't control anything. You could smash it with a hammer and it would not affect the operation of the vehicle.
>>
>>17471021
>and he still can't drive it in the meantime
>>
How do you turn the AC on/off when the screen breaks?
>>
>>17475137
Incorrect
>>17475141
Right scroll wheel on the steering wheel
>>
>>17471361
>oh yes let me navigate through 3 menus to find the ac
>touch screen needs to be re calibrated
>90 seconds later...

>b-but screens are the future!!!
>physical dials are outdated r-right?
>>
>>17471054
Go to hell. I'm a rep who covers a lot of territory for work. I could give a fuck how much wood your Miata gives you when rec driving around Napa valley on the weekend. Self Driving cars are the ONLY method to mitigate traffic in metro areas. Making more 10 lane highways doesn't do shit. Don't believe me, go to Houston and it's triple beltway super highways and it's a parking lot all day irday.

The highways can handle the traffic, just not all the fucktards texting on their phone or slowing down to see gore on the accident across the divider.

If the self driving car war comes to pass, i'd found the DMV Einsatzgruppen and be the first to line you "muh freedom" fucks against the wall.

The lives wasted in rush hour traffic because of you luddites is an evil of modern times. And the reckoning will come. One day.
>>
big ass screens will never look good in cars
that's a fact
>>
File: teslabois.jpg (283KB, 1166x892px) Image search: [Google]
teslabois.jpg
283KB, 1166x892px
>>17470722
>bro we benchmarked this interior with the dodge dart
>dude you can install Alexa, Siri and Cortana and tell them to have a 3 way on the dashboard
>DUDE IT DRIVES ITSELF TO THE DISPENSARY
>>
>>17470726
Why wait for their salt when I can get some from you and OP now as you nitpick insignificant details?
>>
I'm actually keen for evs

>plug in when get home, no $100 petrol a week
>literally just jump in and fucking go
>mad skids everywhere because muh torkz
>little maintenance really
>tax breaks and shiet

And leave my precious ice for cruising
>>
>>17475159
>The highways can handle the traffic, just not all the fucktards texting on their phone or slowing down to see gore on the accident across the divider.
Which is why people who do those things should be publicly beaten, with repeat offenders shot.
>>
>>17475159
you're wrong, retard. 90/94 in chimpcago is shit because you have two interstate highways merging into one as you approach downtown. it's always shit in the summer with all the retards traveling and trying to hit big cities, and it's shit year round during rush hour because not only do you have two highways merging into one, you have a bunch of assholes getting off at the same few off ramps leading to cramped side streets in downtown that can't legitimately handle all this traffic.

on the flip side 290 feels more cramped, but because it first merges with 90/94 and then changes into a 6 lane street that stops only just before lake shore drive it is offloaded much more efficiently and the traffic there is far better. you don't have this fast flow that then slows to a crawl the way it is on 90/94, but you're traveling at a decently fast speed the entire time.

self driving cars or not would solve absolutely fuck all.
>>
>>17475600
i like the basic idea of them, but then you have to realize that battery technology is shit so performance will decay over time, and there's fuck all you can fix on them yourself beyond the most basic mechanical shit since everything else is electrical and most likely wrapped with "WARRANTY VOID IF BROKEN" seals.
>>
>>17471003
But electric cars are already cheap as fuck to make, they are just pandering to the market equilibrium (apple faggits).
>>
What a bunch of crybabies... this car is the future. In 20 years, the only cars you'll be steering will be race cars, classic cars and ...karts.

The autopilot isn't standard on this one, but it'll be available for almost 40k.

Have a look at the parking lots forming on the highway, the cretins who can't read a traffic sign... not to mention the idiot truckers who can't check their blind spots before forcing you out the road,

Electric cars with autopilot will be the norm. Your grandchildren won't even grasp the concept of petrol powered vehicles that spew toxic gases in the environment. That shit's stupid.
>>
>>17475650
>and there's fuck all you can fix on them yourself beyond the most basic mechanical shit

...because there's not much to fix? you're missing a whole engine and transmission and all the other bits attached to them

>most likely wrapped with "WARRANTY VOID IF BROKEN" seals.

that's how every new car works idiot
>>
>>17475650
Battery recycling is already a thing car companies do. It's just a matter of time before the process gets cheaper and battery lifetime won't be an issue.

Oh yeah.. and car companies will have to adapt to the idea that you OWN the car, you don't rent it. (unless they choose to rent the batteries - like Renault does)
>>
>>17470726
>>17471019
Jesus christ, you type like a retard. No wonder you have such a hard time comprehending this technology. You don't accelerate and brake through the touchscreen you stupid nignog. It retains this previous-era interface technology known as "pedals." If you weren't as dumb as a clay brick maybe you'd be able to afford a better car than a $3k Honda.
>>
>>17473510
Tesla can probably pay some lawyer that will argue how consumers don't have the expertise to go and mess with the coding on the car.
>>
>Steering wheel
>The future
>>
>>17475149
>oh yes let me navigate through 3 menus to find the ac
There is literally a scroll wheel on the wheel that does exactly that you blind braindead moron.

>touch screen needs to be recalibrated
Do you need to recalibrate the touch screen on your phone? Have you been in a coma since 2006?

>90 seconds later...
Only somebody as stupid as you would need to spend 90 seconds to activate functions through a touchscreen.
>>
Meanwhile I get compliments about how the interior of my car, including one person who said it
>looks like a spaceship
>>
>>17471040
>You'll all be getting on
That's cute. I'll drive milsurp, motorcycles and winter shitboxes 'till the day I die. 'Cause that's how I like it.
>>
>>17475768
>Your grandchildren won't even grasp the concept of petrol powered vehicles that spew toxic gases in the environment. That shit's stupid.
You're right. Just electric cars that draw their power from a grid energized by fossil fuel plants that spew toxic gases into the environment.
>>
>>17470722
Absolutes fucking atrocious.
>>
File: 1460279725144278118[1].jpg (101KB, 960x559px) Image search: [Google]
1460279725144278118[1].jpg
101KB, 960x559px
TWENTY Y/O BIMMERS LOOK BETTER
>>
>>17470722
YES, A COLUMN SHIFTER!

This car is just fine. :D
>>
>>17471338
Me too. Maybe the wheel looks better in person. It looks greasy in this photo.
>>
>>17475816
It would be cool if a self driving car had a removable steering wheel with a secondary airbag in the dash. They could put a special spot to store it in the back.
>>
File: trash.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
They stole the dash from the Twingo
>>
>>17476294

There is no shame in copying from the best
>>
>>17470722
>all those fingerprints on the screen
>>
>>17475805
>hurr durr the tesla is infallible
>computers never ever break hurrrrrrr
>you're a retard if you dont want this plastic piece of trash

no one implied you control it though the touch screen you waste of skin, the >implication is that it will go like the volkswagen, one random sensor breaks and the whole thing grinds to a halt.

also thanks for confirm the technophile salty tears.
>>
File: 00n0n_7gxzowjTSGj_600x450.jpg (41KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
00n0n_7gxzowjTSGj_600x450.jpg
41KB, 600x448px
I prefer the past
>>
File: IMG_0173.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17476491
Only because the cars you can afford are older than (you)
>>
>>17471014
Top kek wait for your battery to explode and kill everyone in your car. Btw the manufacturing process for these batteries pollutes more than eight years of driving a gas engine.
>>
>>17475159
>living in a city
Half of the population in cities should be deported. Problem solved.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (65KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
65KB, 800x494px
>>17476508
>implying
>>
File: 1495179829853-o.png (86KB, 387x336px) Image search: [Google]
1495179829853-o.png
86KB, 387x336px
>>17475071

So if they're cheap to make and are marked up by a lot, why is it that they're losing money?
>>
>>17476541
spending billions on factories, R&D, expansion....

Amazon wasn't "profitable" in the sense of the word for 15 years too
>>
>>17476687
>It will just be unprofitable.
>Let the tax payers support it until then
Fuck off shill
>>
File: 1481581061515.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1481581061515.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
>>17476294
>>
>>17475650
>you have to realize that battery technology is shit so performance will decay over time
Hello 1995
>>
>>17476953
they payed back the govt loan earlier than required, with interest. The taxpayer won, in this case.

I see someone spout the "propped up by govt" meme in every Tesla thread. It's simply not true. If you want to talk about taxpayer waste, at least chose something like dairy, or sugar.
>>
>>17475159
Not everybody lives in a hell hole like you dick fuck
>>
>>17477625
what about the tax credit of $7500 for purchasing one? what would you call that?
>Government gives tax credits to buy car
>totally no propped up by government goys
>>
>>17475896
>electric cars that draw their power from a grid energized by fossil fuel plants that spew toxic gases into the environment.
Electric cars are still much more energy efficient even with a power grid fueled by non-renewable energy. Internal combustion engines constantly need to explode gasoline constantly to keep a car running while an electric engine can match the power output to precisely the needs of the vehicle at the moment. A large electric utility is also much more capable of creating energy efficiently than a million small ICEs.
>>
>>17477679
The government has a phaseout schedule for rebates on electric cars starting at 200,000 units sold
>>
>>17477625
>he doesn't understand electric subsidies
Tesla still gets thousands in subsidies PER CAR so people will buy them ($7,500+). They got $1.3 BILLION from the state of Nevada to build a solar plant.
They lease a building in New York for $1 for "Solar City". And the gubbment paid for the almost $1 BILLION in build out. They gubbment also covers 30% of solar installation costs to cut prices for Elon.

Elon is sucking down tax dollars. His few companies get upwards of $4.9 BILLION in govt. funding. And Tesla still isn't profitable. They lost like $15k on EACH car. $13k each.
>>
>>17477723
$13k each for the new model 3 already*
>>
>>17477723
1/10 made me reply

If you're going to throw around big boy numbers, at least know the meaning behind them.
>>
>>17471003
But you would still have to be a retard to buy a pure EV given the current tech.

Pic related also has a nice interior.

I'd rather go grocery shopping on a dirtbike than drive a fucking tesla. It's a status symbol car through and through despite the shitty QC, so they make an even shittier one as a cheaper status symbol? What? Or does musk actually believe that his cars are useful, like he actually believes MUH MARS COLONIES are a good use of time, money, and human life when the vast majority of this one planet is either underutilized, unutilzied, or improperly utilized?
>>
>>17477742
>he doesn't know what "propped up by gubbment" is
>he doesn't know what taxes are
>he doesn't know where the money comes from
Every $ Tesla, Space X, and Solar City are sucking up are tax dollars. They LOSE money. It's literally corporate welfare.
>>
>>17477723
>my taxes are paying for a manchild's quest to turn the world into the jetsons because it's cool for everyone to whizz around in futuristic looking pods that go "whirrrr"

kim pls send nuke soon
>>
>>17471046
God I wish they made a reproduction of this so I could buy one
>>
File: Intelligence.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Intelligence.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>17477742
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/updated-projection-us-tax-credit-phase-out-updated-070317-after-ems-tweets-m3

Still getting tax credits

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/23/750-million-question-solar-panel-jobs/

Huh.... Hmmmmm

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

HHMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
>>
>>17477723
>Tesla still gets thousands in subsidies PER CAR so people will buy them ($7,500+).
Those subsidies are for people who buy electric cars, the companies that make them (Tesla, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Chevrolet, etc.) don't see a dime

> They got $1.3 BILLION from the state of Nevada to build a solar plant.
They didn't get a dime from Nevada. They entered into an agreement with the state of Nevada that allowed them to avoid paying some taxes they would otherwise to incentivize them choosing Reno to build a giant factory that will create tons of jobs for the area, something Nevada deemed a good trade off long term for their state, which has very few manufacturing jobs.

You aren't smart enough to understand even these simple concepts, but you can always contact your local representative if you feel your tax dollars (if you earn enough to pay them, you probably don't) aren't being directed properly.
>>
>BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, IT'S MINIMALISM!!!

mmmh, having some déjà vu
>>
>>17472545
Nah mang that's a serious answer
>>
>>17477904
yep. These people can't look more than five seconds into the future. Do they think that states were bidding to simply throw away the most money when Tesla was shopping around for the gigafactory site? Probably. It's sort of pathetic. You can always tell when they have literally zero idea about what they're talking about when they bring up SpaceX. The taxpayer saves around 200mil+ per government payload launch when SpaceX does it vs ULA. I'm pretty happy about that fact as a taxpayer...
>>
>>17477679
That's a credit, not free cash. The government is exempting you from paying income tax up to that amount, not cutting you a check for $7500.
>>
>>17477904
listen shit stick, if the government needs to give you 7500 to buy a car, you dont need to buy that car.
tesla is hemorrhaging money but if you think thats fine, go ahead

>Building a factory and not having to pay taxes on it
Yeah thats totally not sucking tax dollars
>Building is built using taxdollars
Nope nothing here
> creating solar cells pollutes more than ICE
Nope nothing to see here either

Tesla is a meme, it will die when the government stops propping it up, and before you shill any harder i think the government should not be giving billions of dollars to ANY company... Fuck off if you cant do it yourself
>>
>>17478044
>removing taxdollars from the system
>Not wasting tax dollars
They are still removing tax money in the amount of millions out of the tax coffers, like a negative balance.
>>
File: tmp_22616-VDnewGK-584333681.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22616-VDnewGK-584333681.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>17478048
>if the government needs to give you 7500 to buy a car
>>
>>17478058
How do you remove something that isn't there?
>>
>>17477614
But it's still true you stupid teslaboo.

T. flies RC airplanes and Quads with the absolute latest and greatest in lithium batteries and still notices degradation.

PS battery tech in RC ahead of battery tech in electric cars. This is indisputable.
>>
File: E tu bait.jpg (513KB, 1146x1148px) Image search: [Google]
E tu bait.jpg
513KB, 1146x1148px
>>17478062
>>
>>17478048
>Building a factory and not having to pay taxes on it
>Yeah thats totally not sucking tax dollars
Correct, it generates the states who chose to enter in the deal tax money long term, which is why they bid to do it

>Building is built using taxdollars
Incorrect

>think the government should not be giving billions of dollars to ANY company..
Well they certainly aren't to Tesla, you may want to direct your uninformed tism tantrum to GM and Chrysler though
>>
>>17477904
There are people this fucking stupid that they think not having to pay taxes like everyone else isn't a handout.
>>
File: 1495345352087.jpg (6KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
1495345352087.jpg
6KB, 181x279px
>>17472174
>>
>>17478066
well if you were going to pay an additional 7500 in taxes that year, but instead you use it as an incentive to buy a fucking meme, the government basically gave you 7500 for spending on the car, thus removing 7500$ from the tax pool. that same pool that is also used to build tesla factories and a bunch of other elon memes. I didnt think this was a difficult concept to understand.
>>
>>17478083
Kek, Tesla built the gigafactory in the middle of nothing in the nevada desert
If the other option was to not give Tesla gigantic tax breaks then they would have built their factory in one of the other states offering tax incentives.
So the choice was
A) get nothing at all from worthless desert land
B) offer tax incentives to Tesla in exchange for generating billions in taxable economic activity where there once was none
>>
>>17476489
computers don't break on their own, they break of user error.

i know you're salty because you're too retarded to understand electrics, but it's bad form to take it out by shitposting on /o/
>>
>>17478048
Everyone laugh at the tesla stock shorter
>>
>>17478153
>computers dont break on their own
Clearly you know nothing of electronics m8
>>17478171
Ok well we cant simultaneously complain about the debt and government spending, and then at the same time praise billions of taxdollars to be guzzled up by a company that cant make money. Im sure we can look at the hyperloop for some more reasons to stop funding this garbage
>>
>>17478153
>computers don't break on their own
KEK!
>>
Tesla is fucking creepy.

You have this fucking car. That is 100% computer controlled. And Tesla is continuously pushing new updates and shit.

Doesn't that fucking creep you out? Like, that's too much fucking control over you.

Technically they could run you into a wall if they wanted to. Not to mention that they are tracking you 24/7.

It gives me the fucking creeps. Like if George Orwell wrote a communist dystopia, not even he would dream of such a fucked up reality.
>>
>>17478153
>computers don't break on their own, they break of user error.

TOP KEK!

Did you ever use Windows?

>MS pushes update.
>Half the Windows versions experience issues.
>MS pushed new update to fix issues.
>New issues appears.
>Repeat forever.
>>
>>17478476
>insane array of possible hardware combinations and compatibility issues

versus

>every single car has identical hardware and software that's perfectly calibrated to work with each other

Yes, totally comparable.
>>
>>17478467
>That is 100% computer controlled.
It's no more or less computer controlled than any other modern luxury cars, and most companies are sharing the same modules from Bosch, Pektron, etc. If you think a Tesla is "creepy" you should feel the same way about an S Class or 7 Series
>>
>>17478482

>If you think a Tesla is "creepy" you should feel the same way about an S Class or 7 Series

I would feel the same way.

But Tesla takes it further because they do that fucking online update shit.

That's not cool with me. I don't trust them that much.
>>
>>17478153
>computers don't break on their own, they break of user error.
>all those (you)'s

This'll be good.

and you call me a retard! top kek technophile.
>>
>>17471414

>voice activation

Does anyone ever use this for anything.
>>
>>17478560
I do, it's nice for navigation
>>
>>17478480
>perfectly calibrated to work with each other
>computers
>perfect
jej
>>
>>17478656
Less imperfect than humans, although that's not hard.
>>
>>17478682
Computers only need to be 1% better than humans for them to be good in my book. We passed that mark years ago...

They don't need to be perfect in the extreme sense of the word. I would love to have autopilot in my car. I might pick up a used 3 in a few years
>>
>>17478682
>moving the goalposts
Computers aren't perfect, admit it technofaglord. Computers fail all the time, with no provocation. Nothing ever operates perfectly.
>>
>>17478090
But the government doesn't get the money in the first place. They didn't give away anything.
>implying taxpayers build Tesla factories
>>
>>17470722
Wow, the future is quite boring
>>
>>17477748
I test drove one of these and did not enjoy the interior at all. Haven't tried a model 3 at all of course, but it wouldn't be too hard for them to beat this.
>>
>>17470726
Fuck this. First person to,offer a turbo kit will make millions.
>>
File: 1498593703992.jpg (28KB, 354x404px) Image search: [Google]
1498593703992.jpg
28KB, 354x404px
>>17471003
>>
>>17476541
I love the thinking face meme.
>>
File: 1497269134252.jpg (95KB, 987x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497269134252.jpg
95KB, 987x700px
I want to believe in this car. I like new things. I like new companies. But I see this interior and my fag-o-meter goes wild. Add the hype from literal faggots and the annoyingly high valuation of the company and it just smells of scam. Enron, pets.com, Countrywide type scam.
>>
>>17479511
What the heck is that
>>
>>17479594
of all the tesla memes, the scam one is the funniest to me.

Oh yeah, let's build a multi-billion dollar battery factory, hundreds of service stations, thousands of supercharger locations, and pump millions into R&D, just to... what exactly do you think? Scam people by doing what? Even Elon thinks that they are overvalued. They've been working towards this goal of a mass market EV for the better part of a decade.

Some people just can't wrap their head around Elon's ventures for whatever reason. It boggles me.
>>
>>17477748
Good post, especially the last bit. I was thinking that if it becomes really hard to find a non self-driving car in the future, like finding a car without airbags today, I will buy a comfortable, non-electric, manual transmission motorcycle for daily use.
>>
>>17479624
How much does Elon pay? Do you regret your creative writing degree?
>>
>>17470724
pre production example.
>>
Here's the tesla thread format I've come to observe on /o/

>anon posts vague thread with a tesla photo
>within the next 10 posts someone will post the model 3 interior and/or panel gaps. Many (you)s result.
>Mixed in the next few posts, you have the standard:
-anon who declares that Elon is a huckster who scams the taxpayer
-anon who states he doesn't want to buy EVs due to: A) no engine noise B) they don't come in manual configurations C) he can't make his daily 500mile commute in one D) the battery will degrade to .005% after you put twelve meters on the odometer E) they are "gey"
-anon who states that since the electricity is produced with dinosaur juice they are actually LITERALLY worse than hitler environment-wise
-anon who posts hilariously wrong infographics about lithium production
-anon who rabbles about "track times" and "overheating" and "0-60 is meaningless bro"
-anon who laments the lack of user serviceable components and turning capability
-anon who paints autopilot as a soul-crushing anti-car "feature" which is extra-gey
-anon who declares that hackers will get into your tesla and drive it into a wall
-anon who criticizes the big touchscreens and the "fragility" as well as the finger smudges
>after a healthy dose of the preceding, the thread devolves into amateur-hour name calling and conspiracy theories, along with huge generalizations and misconceptions, all of which may as wall be bait (and much of it probably is)
>with the tesla thread lost beyond any hope, it 404s after three days, since every two hours someone bumps it by either shitposting, replying to a comment with a correction, or shitpositing to the comments which corrected the wrong comments

did I miss anything
>>
>>17479883
You forgot to mention Tesla shills sucking musky dick
>>
>>17476517
citation needed
>>
>>17480131
he'll give you one, but before he does I'll prove him wrong. that "study" is a product of the Principia Scientific International, which is a a disinfo org ran by John O'Sullivan, a climate change denier. (he thinks CO2 is a global coolant, lmao)

The ""researchers"" in the ""study"" don't actually study car brand batteries, how they were produced or what electrical mix they used. The calculation is simply based on the assumption that the electricity mix used by the battery factory consists of energy generated by more than 50% fossil fuels.

It goes something like, they took the ~150kg of CO2 "produced" per kWh of battery, multiplied it by the battery size in a tesla, and extrapolated it over 12,000 km of driving and and used that to determine how the 8 year bullshit.

It's literal fake news.
>>
>cuck buys a tesla
>burns up tires in a year because driving with a lead foot with traction control malfunctioning
>never rotates tires
>rear tires get worn to the steel belts
>"ITS UNSAFE TO DRIVE"
>sells car

tesla fags are insufferable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goTojvhwrdc
>>
>>17479605
Looks like intestines.
>>
>>17475118
Doesn't it have the speedometer on it?
>>
>>17478692
>Computers only need to be 1% better than humans for them to be good in my book. We passed that mark years ago...
False. Computers are as good as the humans designing/creating them
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.