[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pontiac Fiero Racecar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1769.jpg (905KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1769.jpg
905KB, 2048x1360px
I finished my last project and now I'm looking for something new. Call me retarded but I love the concept and the look of the Pontiac Fiero. I want to turn one in to a little racer. Some one any experience with this car? Is an engine swap the only option to make it fast? Or does classic n/a tuning (ITB, CAI, Racing cats) will get the V6 over 200hp?
>>
Swap in a 455
>>
>>17466792
I've wanted to take one and swap in a supercharged 3.8l V6 forever. But the stock v6 is pretty anemic and would take a complete ground up rebuild to make serious power with
>>
Keep a fire extinguisher handy...
>>
>>17467155
Just early ones were fire hazards
>>
>goal of over 200hp
3800SCs are cheap, bolt right in. It's so common you should easily be able to find one it's already been done to. Check out this video of one with a very modest 50lb Nos taking hypercars from the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTNQ9jAAiU

Note this video actually is what got me off my Fiero kick seeing how one of the cars it only barely edged was a fox body like I already have and is about the same weight. I'd like to watch some AutoX videos of both doing the same course too but yeah.
>>
>>17466792
swap Lt4
>>
>>17466792
I love the Fiero and would also do what you want to if I had the time or money.

The first thing you should do is add downforce or weight distribution to the front, because it has a nasty tendency of taking off at 100mph. Of course you can't go that fast with a stock engine, but it's better to improve handline before power. Some reinforcing bars and aero would do wonders for handling, both of which are really cheap
>>
>>17466792
get an mr2 instead and make that a racecar
>>
>>17466792
You really can't push the 2.8 past 150hp or so, and even that isn't worth it. Just because I want to see it happen, put the v6 from a camaro rs in it if you are handy enough to do so. If not, go with the 3.4 dohc engine.

Also buy an 88 or none at all if you want it for good handling.
>>
File: 20170325_115226.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_115226.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
I have owned a Fiero GT for more than 2 years. If you want a mid engine race car, get an MR2 and do a k series swap.

But if you want a Fiero, the 3800SC series II V6 (aka L67) is the engine to get. You start with about 250 hp from that engine. The swap will cost you between $2000 to $8000 depending on how much you want to do yourself. Fieros have a curb weight of around 2700 lbs, have aerodynamic issues, and the chassis can only handle 400 hp to the wheels. You probably won't come first in a competition.

Fieros are fun as hell to drive though. I grew up with, and learned how to drive on an 08 Evo X MR. In my opinion, the Fiero is more fun to drive than the Evo. There is just something about it that I can't explain. I occasionally autocross mine, but I know I won't win.
>>
I have an 88 but no real desire to upgrade the V6 engine - runs smooth and clean. Bought it for the looks and concept, I admit it. Power could be better but my personal points of comparison are even slower.

Wish I could say the same for the tranny - already been fixed once and still weird little noises here and there, making me all anxious.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.