[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oldsmobile Cutlas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: cutlas.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
cutlas.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
What do you guys think about this car? Positives and Negatives. Thinking about buying one. Pic related is the car in question
>>
best GM marque, but crappiest era of car
pretty much all the non-350cu in engines available for that model are dogs, but it's easy enough to rip 'em out and put in a proper Rocket
>>
>normies will think you're poor
>people try passing bc "old car"
>car enthusiasts will call you black
i still love cars like this
t. dodge dynasty owner
>>
>>17462777
Drove one for years as my first car. Fucking loved it.

It became non Street legal after about two years. So I bought a daily and drove circle track and draged it.
I was still living with my mom at the time at 18. Came home from school one day and she had sold it to the junkyard cus she was tired of looking at it. True. Fucking. Story.

Positives are its fun and easy to do burn outs and etc. It seems the Oldsmobile guys are constantly trading oem parts in their own little community. So joining or hanging around local Oldsmobile clubs or Facebook groups is a must. They have comfy ass seats and plenty of room Inna back and trunk. Plenty of room for 455 under the hood. Just need a cowl hood depending on your air filter. I personally hate the LS motors, because over use, but I would say it's a plus that they will drop right in with a Chevy trans. It's rwd. You can buy them cheap.

Negatives. If Olds motor you can't have manual trans unless you use adapters with Chevy trans. Which exist. People will call you a nigger. People will think it's a monte Carlo. Which really pissed me off. Niggers will appreciate it more than whites at shows. You'll find a lot of donks trying to find a good one, because niggers. Your Normie friends will call it the cutty because of some show. You'll often be faced with paying jew prices for oem parts from the groups I mentioned in the positives. You'll often have a hard time finding the special snowflake part.

Here's a personal recommendation. Fuck the cutlass. Find a 442 or Hurst. Anyone that has one of those two more than likely took care of it and didn't nig nog it with rims and etc.

Also. If you get a Olds motor with it, get you a transmission from the Buick regal line since they were better. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head. I think it was the r-300 or some shit. Sorry, it's been a long time since I've into ccg.

Ill post more if I think of anything.
>>
>>17462957
Looked it up for my own curiosity. 200-4r.
>>
I've got one in the same family and I love it.

Building an Olds 403 to swap into it and replace the 307.

Reliable as it is, great daily, and good cruising. But, something about them just demands they be built up. .So, I'll let you know how that goes in the next year or two.
>>
>>17462816
>crappiest era
Not even close.
>>
>>17462957
Did you 455 yours?
>>
>>17463080
People build up 403s? I thought they tried to stay away from the 403 because it was so overstressed from the factory with how far they had to bore out the small block.
>>
File: 1449438837.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1449438837.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>17462777
I don't own a cutlass, but I almost did with a 307.

They're not bad cars, they're straight forward with most stuff, just don't nigger it out and you'll be fine.

>t. friend of cutlass owner
>t. 85 buick regal owner
>>
>>17462777
Looks great as it is but hat could be a fucking awesome car with a little work and customized tastefully.

I love those boxy big hooded coups.
>>
>>17462777
Ugh the car of my childhood....

Endless traffic on the Merritt parkway stuck in the back of that thing at 4 years old with some he man toys and my dad constantly opening the windows to smoke cigs, blasting me with either artic air, 100 degree sauna air, or rain.

The smell of vynil, cigs, and recently applied rustproofing.

Just seeing these old cars make me want to puke in one. But then my dad would slap me. Because that is what he did when I puked in his olds on the Merritt parkway in 1985.

At least I got to see david letterman's porsche pulled over for speeding a few times....
>>
File: oilfeedingrevvy.jpg (275KB, 891x668px) Image search: [Google]
oilfeedingrevvy.jpg
275KB, 891x668px
Cutlass is love
>>
>>17463634
Good enough for Sammy Hagar to sing about.
>>
>>17463634
>>17464392
>MFW i remember when that song came out
>>
Bump for olds love
>>
>>17462957
Oddly enough the cleanest Hurst/Olds I've seen was owned by a black dude.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.