[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which car to take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: downloadfile.jpg (122KB, 612x396px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
122KB, 612x396px
A few friends are going to go to this race track sometime next month. They will be bringing an S2000, a FRS, a 240, and an RSX. I have the choice between either a 09 BMW 335i sedan or a 05 Pontiac GTO. I could also borrow my brothers g35 if needed... but ive never been on a track before. Any opinions of which vehicle would be able to keep up with the group better?
>>
Slow driver in a slow car is faster than a slow driver in a fast car. I imagine your BMW has less power but a better balance, so I'd take that because it lets you learn how to drive fast and approach limits more safely.
>>
Im not sure about my skills. Havent raced anyone except for a few drag races on straight empty roads. I can cruise through the canyons around me at a decent speed but i feel like tracks are completely different. The s2000 is the only guy with track experience though. Also typod my 335 is an 08 not an 09.
>>
>>17461677
Thanks i was kind of thinking the bmw would be easier to push. Probably gonna be behind the pack either way.
>>
whatever you do

get a set of new soft racing tires
especially for a newcomer good racing tires over some 3 years old all season shit will ensure faster laptimes than double the horsepower

it also is basically your life insurance

first lap slow, learn corners, and push GRADUALLY

feel confident racing through a corner? add speed with BABYSTEPS on your next round, dont go "hurr i did this corner at 60mph and almost the sidecurb... lets try 100mph!"
>>
File: 1495208557609.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495208557609.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>17461890
Shitty tires teach car control and allow you to experience what it's like to drive at the limit at safe speeds. If he just gets some ultra-sticky autocross tires as a beginner, he won't know how to drive on the limit because he can't approach it.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (391KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
391KB, 1600x1200px
>>17461929
>that webm

reminds me, I have an ultra sick looking 5th wheel in the trunk of my slk, pic related
like, it looks cooler than the original rims, if i get another 3 i should totally try out what is shown on that webm

>180€ for a single fucking spare wheel
>>
>>17461890
I dont have racing tires on either car but i dont have all seasons. I have a set of bf goodrich on the 335i with less than 3000 miles and a set of pirelli on the pontiac with less than 6000. Both are summer tires. Are track tires necessary?
>>
>>17461929
Im not sure im allowed to go on the track with bad tires. They do a pre inspection.
>>
>>17464866
track tires arent necessary but if you can afford it, they will teach you a valuable lesson and make you realise how important tires are
>>
>>17461958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeMN59hvEQ

that's fuckin' neato
>>
>>17461649
doesn't matter you're gonna get rekt anyway. Bring whicever you're most comfortable with.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.