[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Land Cruiser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 2003-toyota-land-cruiser-6.jpg (2MB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
2003-toyota-land-cruiser-6.jpg
2MB, 2000x1339px
I need a comfortable, dependable vehicle that can tow. I'm drawn to the Land Cruiser, particularly the J100, but i can probably only afford one with 150k miles.

Is this a bad idea? Will it be a money pit or will it last me another 150k?
>>
>>17460285
Miata
>>
>>17460285
If all your gonna do is tow and wanna be comfy doing it, why not a Tahoe or Suburban? You can pick up a 1992 to 1999 model for pretty cheap. Buy one from a decent white person and it should be well taken care of and half the purchase and maintenence price. Not to mention it will get alot better gas mileage than the LC. The Cruiser will be a killer offroader, but if thats not your intended use than save the money.
I bought a 94 4x4 Suburban with 164k miles from the original owner for $2000. Loaded and everything worked. They are stupid simple to work on as well.
>>
>>17460358
Most American cars from the 90s are rusted out shitboxes, especially in the midwest. I'm looking for something that will last me another decade and i know Land Cruisers have a reputation for durability.
>>
File: 2017-04-24_18.55.15.jpg (165KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-24_18.55.15.jpg
165KB, 960x1280px
>>17460366
That sucks. Texas here, almost everything is rust free. And yeah they do, and will last you forever if you take care of them right. My buddy has a 96 lx450 and im fuckin jelous. But knowing i can repair/replace almost everything on the Suburban gives me piece of mind.

Good luck with your search.
>>
>>17460402
Thanks m8.
>>
>>17460358
This guy gets it. Chebby trucks are actually pretty tough. However I wouldn't get my hopes about any truck lasting "another decade" if it already has 150k miles and you plan on abusing it by using it exclusively for towing
>>
I have a 100 series lexus cruiser. it is an absolute land tank and you can't beat the ride or the road trip comfort.
MPGEEEEE sucks and it really doesn't have the best towing ratings. You could get a domestic half-ton truck for way cheaper than a land-never-depreciator but if you want to have something that with the right maintenance will drive and feel new for half a million miles then go for it.
>>
>>17460285
Here in europe most of them have already 400k+ kms and people still ask mad prices for those J100
I think its a car worth maintaining and it just wont let you down when you need it
>>
>>17460285
150K is probably nothing for that car. How much do you need to pay for it?
>>
File: IMG_3115.jpg (35KB, 504x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3115.jpg
35KB, 504x292px
>>17460285
You should get a jimny.
>>
Also what about the Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.