[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this make a good daily driver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5367.jpg (223KB, 750x1258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5367.jpg
223KB, 750x1258px
So my old ass Volvo finally stopped running so I'm looking for a new car I know I should probably get a civic or some shitbox but this seems like a good deal for cheap and it's made in Japan so it should be reliable and cheap to fix right? https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/6194104191.html
>>
>has a CAI

Don't get it bro. Only buy G35s from non ricers. You're in for a bad time otherwise.
>>
I think that one is from the oil burning years
>>
>>17458337
G35's are rattleboxes and they all burn oil. Most of them are beat to shit but its an automatic so you might be ok.
>>
G35 sedans were detuned on hp, don't do it man
>>
File: 20150114_144658.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150114_144658.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>17458559
if its an auto then it does not have the revup motor, it should be fine.
>>17458911
the were "detuned" on paper only, same motor and ecm programing as the coupe

op, this one might not be the best option for you unless you are willing to deal with the issues listed, and possibly more. The cam sensors are a pain to get to and should only be replaced with oem ones as the aftermarket ones are all shit, including the delphi ones, the ac line is not the biggest issue, i can tell you its the one right next to the MAF sensor because thats where they all rub through if the intake was installed by a moron.

Best bet is to find one for a bit more that does not have these shit issues and has not been a vomit baby carriage. Also, take it to a mechanic for an inspection,BEFORE buying, make sure to check the bushings in the front
>>
>needs a camshaft sensor
It's throwing codes and he doesn't want to deal with it
>>
>>17458337
If you're OK with a rebadged nissan, sure
>>
>>17458337
fuck no. that's a piece of shit. a g37 is better in every way.
>>
>>17460968
>comparing a 3k g35 to a 10k g37
>g37 is better

well no shit
>>
>>17458337
>nissan
>>
I have a 2003 one, i find it to get annoying after a bit. Steering is hard, the suspension is stiff, the buttons are kinda loose, theres a slight exhaust drone and the gas mileage is worse than my jeep with 240k on it. I prefer the jeep in every way. Plus you get the boy racer stigma in it. Always a bunch of faggots stancing them and racing them near me. My sedan is bone stock
>>
>>17463772
Ive also had this problem a while back when it was raining, somehow water was pooling in something in the engine bay and it completely shut off my traction control and stopped the speedo from
working
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.