[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please convince me that karts are cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I want to participate in a kart race that's organized in my city. I think it might be some kind of half-serious race actually, there are drivers from other cities and shit. Now, I don't have any serious ambitions: just to get there, have some fun, maybe nice battle against similarly skilled guy, and hopefully not be last. So, despite my lacking skill i don't think i'm asking too much. I'm playing sims a lot, i know how to behave in a race, the only problem is my knowledge of the track and gokart itself.

I visited the track couple weeks ago and so far i've been here five times (8 min drives), but i still haven't got time that would allow me to even quali properly (average low-not-last guy was ~23sec, i was 23.6). I'm also a poorfag, so i feel bad when i think about amount of money i'll surely spend on those karts if i'd like to ride it even couple times a week for some time to learn the track properly. I could go on a proper road trip for a price of ten 8-minute kart drives around the track.

tl;dr: Is amateur kart racing while being sure you're not really good worth it? Could anyone (anyone who's not particularly good) tell me that trying to race seriously was fun enough to justify wasting money on practice, and then more money on a session sign-up? Share your serious karting stories, make me waste my money.
>>
Buy a used kart. Sell it for about the price you paid if you decide kart racing isn't for you.
>>
File: IMG_20170701_062303.jpg (237KB, 1440x1975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_062303.jpg
237KB, 1440x1975px
Buy one of these. Win!
>>
>>17458188
because lots of F1 drivers got their start by go karting including michael shumacher, lewis hamilton, arton senna just to name a few. because the phyisics are a lot simmililar weight distribution plus you can put motorcycle engine on them and that really makes them fun.
>>
https://youtu.be/faZABF3FPEE

need any more convincing?
>>
>>17458188
who couldve thought that this lil nigga once grows up to be the most arrogant and whiny driver on the F1 starting grid
>>
>>17458188
he was so likeable until 2012
what went wrong lewis?
>>
>>17460919
Sebastian Vettel is a literal manlet who will literally never learn
>>
>>17458188
Formula Student
>>
>>17458188
>Is amateur kart racing while being sure you're not really good worth it?
It's good if you enjoy it, and ideally if you're also not completely shit
>>
>>17458307
>>17459891
Good thing is, i can race it on rentals (actually, everyone has to). It's amateur event, even if it's a little bit serious.

>>17459925
I don't dream of racing driver's career. I just want to stay in my comfortable position of hobby driver and have some fun on amateur kart events, maybe in the future i'd build a cheap rally car and start racing in amateur rallies (it's popular in my country, there are classes for everything).

The more i think about this, the more i realize that there is no event more suited for me. When you guys started talking about buying gokarts, i realized that event on rentals sounds really small and insignificant, even if there are competitors from around the country. Also, i've been reading event rules and supposedly there are classes based on quali times, so i won't be a bother for 22s racers with my 23s time.

Damn, i think i'll go for it. I'll surely waste a lot of money, but i fail to find anything more interesting to spend my very last vacations (next year i finish college). Plus with realization about event power level, i realized that i actually might be competitive here in some slow group.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.