[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cadillac

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 00h0h_7BTTrudxXst_600x450.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00h0h_7BTTrudxXst_600x450.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
Anyone like Cadillacs? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. 300hp V8, comfy heated leather seats, and most of them are pretty much dirt cheap these days ($2000-6000 for a decent one.)
>>
>>17457257
You're not worried about the electronics?
>>
>>17457325
>implying the Northstar won't take it out first
>>
File: nigger mobile.jpg (109KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
nigger mobile.jpg
109KB, 960x635px
>>17457257

cool niggermobile
>>
>>17457325
Yeah actually, the only reason I havent bought one yet. GM electronics are the worst, still to this day (I work at a GMC dealership.)

But still, they're dirt fucking cheap I might get it anyway.
>>
>>17457372
I know it's not this boards cup of tea, but I'm not really into eurofag cars, underpowered rice burners with huge spoilers, or feminine hatchbacks
>>
>>17457400

>used grandpa mobile

Good deal. You haggle with senior citizens to see they'll bring the price down.
>>
There's a post somewhere where somebody who obviously knows what he's talking about goes into exhaustive detail about why that particular gen of Seville is trash practically from bumper to bumper. No system is without a critical design flaw that is manifesting itself as failure at this point in its lifespan.
>>
File: 1212.jpg (550KB, 2340x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1212.jpg
550KB, 2340x1316px
I drive a 1992 DeVille. Thing has been an absolute nightmare with maintenance. Matter of fact, it's currently out of commission since it developed a bad backfire. It's not even a Northstar and it's still a turd.

Be prepared to have to fix problems left and right if it is a NS.
>>
>>17457257
If you want it buy it fuck what 4chan says
>>
>>17457846
>bad backfire
Out the exhaust or from the intake? If it's from the intake it's probably a weak fuel pump. Very common.
>>
>>17457257
Are you a 60 year old black man? If so, then by all means pick it up.
>>
>>17457257
Make sure it's had its head studs redone, or prepare for inevitable head gasket failure. It's a biiiiitch of a job.
>>
>>17457416
I'm not really into recalls.
>>
>>17457257
If you want a car that looks pretty similar to that but without the terrors of the Northstar, get a Lincoln Mark VII.
>>
I got a 1975 cadillac fleetwood 75. Big and comfy. I dont even dare to think about fuel economy.
>>
>>17458094
It's coming out the exhaust. I lose power whenever it happens and it only happens when I accelerate.
>>
>>17458657
Ignition then. The misfire loads up the exhaust with fuel vapor until POW! Those things always liked to fry the rear plug wires. And the heater hoses too.
>>
>>17458678
My uncle mentioned it sounded like it might be ignition related. He also wasn't sure since its an autism mobile. Any idea where I should start as far as repairs go?
>>
File: notgood.jpg (410KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
notgood.jpg
410KB, 1600x1200px
>>17458692
Thorough visual inspection first. Looking for burnt wires and boots. Pull the wires off the plugs and look at the boot btw. Pull up the distributor cap and make sure the rotor isn't burned through (a common GM HEI issue) or the coil button in the cap burnt to a crisp. Or destroyed. Good chance you find it that way.

May have to get after it with a spray bottle on the plug boots while it's running or have somebody power-load it a bit until it starts missing and then look/listen for clues. Or just throw cap, rotor and wires at it since they're probably old anyway.
>>
>>17459084
Thanks, mate. At least the distributor isn't hard to get to in my transverse mess of an engine.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.