[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turbo leaking oil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

Hey guys, so I've been looking at a used car for sale. It's a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 T but I have a problem.

I took it to a pre-purchase inspector (Hyundai dealership) and they discovered a very small oil leak in the turbo. It would be $1800 to replace. The asking price of the car was $8800 so i asked the seller if he'd knock off $1800 but he can't.

The deal is, the repair is so much because the dealership wants us to replace the whole turbo, is it possible that i can get the leaky parts replaced for much less? the seller told me he'd be willing to knock off a couple hundred if it were fixable that easily.
>>
>>17457150
>buying a Genesis
Y tho?
>>
The leaky parts are likely not serviceable. What happen to that 10 year 100,000 mile warranty?
>>
>>17457150
>pre-facelift Genesis Coupe
>2.slow tarbo
Don't even bother. Get literally any other FR coupe instead.
>>
>>17457150
18 mpg
>>
>>17457157
apparently the turbo is not part of the powertrain
>>
>>17457157
the 10 year 100,000 warranty is only good for the first owner, second owner only gets 5 year, 60k warranty
>>
>>17457150
not worth it get a 335i or something
>>
>>17457150
Assuming you're in America it'd be better to get a 4.6 mustang GT over that.

If not try for a 335 or similar
>>
>>17457150
>not buying the v6
Your fault
>>
Tell the previous owner to get it fixed under warranty and you'll buy it for $8,200.
>>
>>17458079
Bit late for now considering dipshit OP took the fucking thing to the dealership
>>
>>17458079
see
>>17457167
hyundai dealerships don't make a lot of money because of the cheap cars and their long warranties. they look for every loophole and the turbo isn't covered
>>
>>17458111
>pre-purchase
>>
>>17458127
Doesn't matter, they ran the VIN through, even if the turbo was covered, they probably wouldn't cover it
>>
>>17458136
I'm a mechanic at a dealer (not hyundai thank fuck) as long as the seller is the original owner they are legally bound to the warranty and they wouldn't want the stink kicked up even if they weasel out of it
>>
>>17457150
>Buy cheap used cars
>Surprised when they're falling apart
When will /o/ learn?
>>
>>17458154
Maybe at your dealership, but c'mon now, we're talking about Hyundai
>>
>>17458174
If you're in burgerland you probably have a point, but here in aus hyundai really does not want any bad rep about their warranty
>>
>>17457157
>hyundai honoring warranty
They refused to change a door lock on a 2016 elantra using all excuses possible.
>>
>>17458183
They could give a shit here, they lie, steal, and cheat for every fucking penny here, but not as bad as VW dealerships
>>
>>17457150
Find another car, its not worth the hassle
>>
>>17458207
America cucked again
find a different car OP
>>
It'll feel slow with the 2.0T, definitely not worth it when they're asking V6 Accord money
>>
>>17458246
I'm actually looking at a 2011 Honda Accord V6 tomorrow. I decided against getting this car.
>>
>>17458833
Nice. I have a 2010, i think in 2011's refresh they added a usb port for the stereo.

Make sure the timing belt was done if used and it's due (usually 100k mi or so), if it hasn't get an aisin kit for a mechanic to do it. V6 uses a timing belt and i4 uses a chain.
>>
>>17458246
Funny thing, you can find a 2010 Optima Turbo with 274 hp and faster then the gen coupe for the same price.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.