[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craigslist Gripes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: scam-craigslist-840x420.jpg (140KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
scam-craigslist-840x420.jpg
140KB, 840x420px
The fuck is with the majority of these posters. Im on here daily looking for a good deal on a winter SUV. Besides sifting through the shit the actual posters post 1 or 2 photos of the ass end of the car, little to many times no details aside of make and model.

Don't these faggots WANT to sell their cars. Instead now I must ask you basic shit that should have been posted in the ad. Then these normies get mad when (10) ppl ask them this same shit.

fucking faglist mane...
>>
Would be great if Craigslist forced the poster to Include the details before the ad can be posted. Mileage, drive, cylinders, etc. Instead they just make this optional so retards can't do it.

With well written and detailed posts the owner knows what they have and I feel confident in buying a bit more. They also will likely charge more.

The shitposts can be shit or sometimes the person doesn't know what its worth or what they have. So you could snag a deal. Most arent.
>>
>>17455499
>Then these normies get mad
Maybe you would feel more comfortable going to a professional car salesman at a premium dealership. You get to sit in a comfy chair in an air conditioned room, and get a free cup of coffee.
>>
>>17455537
LOL damage controlling for Juan because he can't English and put basic details in a Craigslist ad.

I bet youre one of those boomers who "I know what I got"
>>
>that shit used car dealership that puts ads on cl in all caps with no info about the car, just talk about their financing and then just list an ass load of random cars at the bottom so their car comes up in your search for a different car, and then they put the monthly payment as the price so their 20k used bimmer comes up in your search for cars under 10k, and then they post the exact same add 3 more times.
>>
I've been trying to find a clean notchback and the prices are absolutely abhorrent. They have reached clean supra levels of markup. I went to see one that needed paint and the clutch was shot, the oil was fucking white sludge and it still had the 4 lugs with garbage wheels. Fucker wouldn't budge from 6000 not that I wanted it after seeing the oil. I wanted it for 2 just for the body to do a 351 swap and he was a no go. Prick called me up a week later asking if I wanted to do work on it for him and that he's gonna keep it. I hung up on him.

Also I found a bunch of others where people straight up just never answer calls or texts and leave the ads up. That pisses me off the most.
>>
>>17455499
Well, if they don't want to sell you their car, move on to those who do...
>>
>>17456117
>He won't budge from 6K and doesn't even know how to work on it.

Haha Id have laughed in his face. That's how you know that car will rot in that garage until dude dies.
>>
>>17456236
Seriously. Not a Craigslist gripe but similar gripe in general.

>small country town
>old man has 50s mercury monteclair for sale
>interior is shit, engine is shit
>I'm a retard and want to restore it
>lies to me and says they put a new engine in it
>says it runs, also false
>wants 4k for it, I refuse
>guarantee you that 8 fucking years later it is still there cause he overpriced it
>he probably died by now, either has been towed away or left there with no owner
>>
>>17455499
What you're seeing is socio-economics on display. CL is where the poor sell what they have and it shows in how badly composed the ads are and how poorly they follow through on making a sale.
>>
>>17456295
Very true.

The more accessible something is to the poor, the lower the quality of that thing becomes.
>>
>>17455519
>forced the poster to Include the details before the ad can be posted. Mileage, drive, cylinders, etc.
YES
>>17455499
but really it shouldn't matter because if you want the car you can see it in person
>>
>>17455642
>search for desired model
>that dealership ad (and all the other ones) keeps coming up because the fuckers listed their entire invetory
>>
People who don't post miles should have their listing removed.
Fucking wasting my god damn time.
>>
>>17456322
I've been trying find a specific car for a month now, all the ones with little to no description/pictures of the car are usually the ones that have abused/never maintained it
>drive an hour to meet the guy
>seats are fucked
>windows fucked
>leaking all sorts of shit
>>
>>17456414
why aren't you screening out dealerships?
>>
>>17456322
>but really it shouldn't matter because if you want the car you can see it in person

Im not wasting the drive there and back plus time/gas just to view a shitbox with problems and to ask question that can be easily answered with

photos
call
text msg.
If you cant bother to check a daman box stating [x] RWD or 4x4 or "clean title" or post more then 1 damn picture they can fuck off.

Can tell how many times Ive seen a car only to have the owner say "oh yea xyz and 123 are all wrong with it, b-b-b-but its an easy fix and I have the part."

And I dont have to deal with this shit >>17456424
>>
>>17455499
OH look the car Im looking for
>reads more

BUY HERE PAY HERE! 499.99!
NO CREDIT NO PROBLEM 24.9% APR!
HONDAS TOYOTAS CHEVY FORD DOGE!

YO HABLA ESPANOL!

Seriously is the next bubble shitty BHPH car dealers.
>>
>>17456414
>>17457161
Report them if they're dealer listings in the for sale by owner section. They're supposed to be paying for that.
>>
>>17455499
95% of CL ads where I'm at are scammers with titles like:

"LEATHER!2014Exp lorer2050$!!!"

You click the ad, a thumbnail pic is all you get, and there is no usable info anywhere.

Who the fuck falls for those scams?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.