[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Car Suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: mr2.jpg (464KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mr2.jpg
464KB, 1920x1280px
Ok /o/, first car thread. Post cars that'd YOU personally consider fun/reliable, etc. Pic related, it's the car I wanna buy but everyone says that it costs a ton to maintain.
>>
Literally and unironically a generic and affordable Honda, Toyota, Subaru, or entry level commuter from chevy/ford if you really want an American shitbox.

I personally started on a full size 80s chevy truck and did just fine by it for a couple years and I've heard of people starting out with classics or sportier cars but you really have to like throwing money at them or not driving them often.
>>
fast, fun, reliable, cheap, easy to maintain

but i don't really care for them
>>
first car for someone to own, or first /o/ tier car?

first car i ever owned was a 94 V6 S10, and it stuck by me just fine. If youre not into trucks, and 90s econobox like a camry or corolla is perfectly fine

but let me say this tho. you DO NOT want an AW11 as your first car
>>
File: 1990MazdaMiata_01_700.jpg (58KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
1990MazdaMiata_01_700.jpg
58KB, 700x498px
>>17453915
this cute boy aswell
>>
File: IMG_3212.jpg (116KB, 750x996px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3212.jpg
116KB, 750x996px
>>17453856
Ford F-150. Cheap and good gas mileage.
>>
>>17453856
honda civic or something.
Something that can be a good daily, easy to drive and can be great when raced if wanted.
>>
>>17453926
second vote for this.
cutest boy
funnest toy
lady joy
buy it, goy.
>>
>>17453990
Hnnng. Why did companies stop making pop up headlights?
>>
>>17453856
People who say that it costs a lot to maintain are stupid as fuck. I don't know too much about the AW11, but after owning an SW20 Turbo since I was 16 (22 atm), I've had to put very little money into maintaining it. All of the money that has gone to it has been in making more power and making it look better.
>>
>>17454000
Guess people wanted a smoother looking car, not everyone likes popups when they're up.
>>
>>17454112
We'll those people are certified fags.
>>
>>17454000
>>17454112
safety regulations you retards
>>
>>17454205
Why do you eurofaggots make everything worse for everyone else.
>>
miata, mr2, civic
aka the holy trinity of fun reliable shitboxes

miata for that driving enjoyment that even $100,000+ cars struggle to match
mr2 for that sweet MR experience that won't kill you despite the memes
civic for most practicality and best track potential

>>17454221
safety regulations is also the reason why pop-up existed
>>
>>17453979
What's the retail price on that?
>>
e46 330i for <$2k used. dont fuck the cooling system and you will be fine
>>
Maybe not the best thread for this question, but how's Ford probe as 1st car?
>>
Europe here, I'm aiming to get either Toyota Celica or Honda Prelude from 80s
The thing is, many of those cars were imported from Germany and I'm afraid to buy some wreck that will cost me a fortune to fix, any tips to avoid buying into a money pit?
>>
>>17454808
ok

also, fuck off max
>>
>>17454000
>headlight motor stops working
>now u have no headlights

Honestly OP theres no point to this thread. Almost any normal car is good. just get something comfortable, affordable thats a good deal.
My only recommendation is buy Japanese, but even then dont pass up a clean ford or whatever if its a good deal. If you really want your hands held, buy a civic or integra or prelude. cheap, fun and isnt a toyota corolla.
>>
>>17453856
Toyota Starlet
>>
>>17454810
uhhh inspect the vehicle...
fuck how much hand holding do you need?
A celica or prelude really wont cost that much anyway, parts for them are everywhere. If it has a clean body, starts, runs and drives well and has a good service history then itll be fine.
>>
Ferrari Daytona
>>
>>17454934
who?
>>
>>17453856
It doesn't matter what you get because you're going to crash it or have it break from something you were too stupid to get checked out within the first 2 years. Had I not gone with the miata, it would have been a 50mpg land tank and I'd probably have more friends.
>>
>>17453856
I own an AW11. They're about as reliable as you would expect being a Toyota. Very fun, albeit slow.
>>
>>17455604
Is there small premium on getting work done on it?
>>
>>17455612
I wouldn't know, I do the work myself. Space is limited, though. Not the easiest to work on, but you can make do. Previous owner had some work done and think I have the receipt. If I can find it I'll post it.
>>
>>17454248
More than you can afford pal.
>>
>>17454975
Not sure about most cars but I know the Miata has little red knobs on top of the motors you can twist and that raises them up or down manually
>>
>>17455046
Bruh the 300TD was my first car. Rust bucket with terrible acceleration, but cushy to drive
>>
>>17455046
>thinking the rest of the world is as stupid as you are
sucks for you, retard
>>
>>17457730
Insurance premiums say otherwise and your dunning-kreuger ass ain't the fucking alpha on this curve.
>>
300td will not get 50mpg, more like 30 on the high end

190d on the other hand might, that was (is) my first car

never crashed it (3yrs), did the maintenance myself, it's been brilliant
>>
'll be spending a couple months stateside and then I'll be heading over overseas for about a year or so but I need a car while I'm still here
Should I buy a shitbox and sell it once I leave/keep it or just lease a car until I go overseas?
>>
>>17453856
I have one and honestly if it wasn't a heap of shit, I think it would be a great car. If you do decide to pursue one, get one that was well taken care of, and be prepared to spend a lot of money.
>>
>>17453856
every mr2 is a mistake without exception

stay very far away
>>
>>17453856
5 speed early 90's Volvo 240.

The Volvo 240 is the Mosin Nagant of cars. It's so shitty that it's actually amazing. You have to really fuck up to break it, and you can find them for $100 on the internet. If you put way, way more work into one than it's worth, then you can have either a match grade rifle or a race car.

>>17458689
I'd do a shitbox just for grins. If it ever breaks down, just uber.
>>
>>17458840
Also pre-facelift Saab 900.

Or an E30 if you can find one that isn't trashed.
>>
>>17458840
ok what kind of shitbox
might be able to cash in some military discount, though i'd probably get military scammed for a shitbox
>>
>>17453990
Source?
>>
File: 323-Ti-Compact-1.jpg (50KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
323-Ti-Compact-1.jpg
50KB, 600x350px
>>17453856
323ti
>cheap
>RWD
>decent engine
>small and light
>easy to work on
>unique enough to satisfy your /o/tism
>>
I just went with the best horsepower/insurance cost ratio
Also, get a miat. Not a nice one, one you'll be fine with scraping
>>
>>17453856
toyota corolla. because you are going to crash it anything else at least if you crash a corrolla: nobody cares and parts are cheap.
>>
IS200/Toyota Altezza pre 2000 with the 3SGE engine
>>
>>17460093
Didn't only the Altezza come with the 3SGE? Pretty sure the IS200 was the euro-market version and had a 2.0l inline 6.
>>
>>17460093
Why pre 2000?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.