[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car stalling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: nani.jpg (83KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
83KB, 447x489px
I have a problem with a car I just bought months ago randomly without warning stalling when I come to a stop.
When I first got the car I had my sparkplugs changed, and the throttle body cleaned along with the throttle sensor but it stalls like once every week.
Usually I dont really know what to do and it wont start until I unhook the battery and rehook it and the car runs again. Yesterday was that time of the week and I tried something different. Instead I just held the gas for like a minute which got the car to start and run.
Im also too poor to get this properly diagnosed and fixed depending on what the issue is. My uncle thinks its the fuel pump, my mech friend thinks its an oxygen sensor.
Thoughts on what my best option is. I dont really have money for non crucial repairs.
>>
File: 1465751093691.gif (485KB, 283x213px) Image search: [Google]
1465751093691.gif
485KB, 283x213px
Kinda sounds like a severe version of what was going on with my em1 civic. There was an evap system hose leaking. Whoever was working on it before me forgot to clamp all the hoses and then the hoses ended up being completely hard and shattered to the touch. If you have any CEL go from there. otherwise check all those vacuum connections. I've heard theres a hose going to cruise control that can cause this.
>>
>>17450766
Does it have a rough idle when you come to the stop? Could be a vacuum line or idle air control valve.
>>
Does it happen as you are coming to a stop
?

I'm guessing o2 sensor. Idle air is more of a works or it doesnt cuz it's too clogged up type of thing.

Could be tho.
>>
What year and model, dumbass.
>>
>>17450818
It idles low but I wouldnt say rough.
>>17450873
I guess so. Every time I think of it happened right as I stopped.
>>17450876
2002 toyota camry. 6 cyc
>>
Look up where the idle air control valve is. Pull it, spray throttle body or maf or whatever cleaner through it and see what happens.

DO NOT GIVE UP on getting it out. You'll probably get dirty, but this is how you learn. Since you have obd2, is your check engine light on?
>>
>>17451276
When I first got the car having that stuff cleaned was done at the same time as the tuneup.
No check engine light on.

Speaking of oxygen sensors though, how universal are they. Autozone told me the the rear one would be $160. How do I even find out where and how many O2 sensors I have.
>>
>>17450766
EGR valve getting stuck open? Could be a vacuum leak, you're going to have to narrow it down. I guess you could do what a lot of mechanics do and just guess and throw parts at it until it starts working again.
>>
>>17451392
I dont know how to narrow it down is the problem.
The car idles lower to 500rpm after sitting in drive.
One time I was on the express way and it felt like the engine wasnt smoothly outputting. Not jerky and mostly unnoticeable but you could feel it in the pedal.
Im pretty sure the egr valve was checked.
>>
>>17450766
>Instead I just held the gas for like a minute which got the car to start and run.
I'm thinking EGR valve. But honestly, it could be any number of problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8J8MTG3xE
>>
>>17451431
Need a scantool, need to look at the fuel trims. Need to see what it think the O2 sensor is telling it.
>>
>>17451447
well theres no check engine light so wouldnt a scan tool not help
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.