[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where will you be when Tesla goes out of business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170629-140213.jpg (1MB, 1440x2454px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-140213.jpg
1MB, 1440x2454px
Where will you be when Tesla goes out of business?
>>
Same place I always am; at home being lonely and contemplating a fap
>>
Tesla will probably continue to keep doing cool shit and others follow Musk's ideas.
>>
Electric cars that weren't designed as electric cars from the start are shit.
This smacks of desperation.
Particularly suprising after the i3 and i8.
>>
>>17450816
Doing cool shit like letting me pull a little strap in the front grille or in the fender well to let me open all their trunks without a key or notifying the owner? Nice.
>>
>>17450816
>Musk's ideas
>battery make car go!
>>
>>17450816
People that want a fashionable status symbol will buy a tesla.
People that want an electric car will buy one from a traditional car manufacturer.
>>
>>17450816
ideas someone else had and were taken over by elon that will be subsidised by the government and be used to fuel an endless succession 'cool ideas' making an endless ponzi scheme to pay for his endless divorces after impregnates and long series of supermodels and endlessly replants his head hair.
>>
>>17450816
>musk's ideas
>electric car
The only thing Musk invented was a process to suck billions of taxpayer dollars out of the government and stick them in his pocket.

Electric cars and rockets are nothing new.
>>
>>17450995

>>Space X
>>Cuts costs of rocket launches by HALF

"HUUURRRR, SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD'VE DONE IT"

Except that Elon Musk isn't writing articles or begging for money on kickstarter. Space X is actually, literally, REALLY IN REALITY manufacturing and re-using rockets and cutting costs in half RIGHT NOW IN THE CURRENT TIME.

Coincidentally, Tesla is also the company that design and build EV's that people ACTUALLY DESIRE and are ACTUALLY BUYING TODAY. It's also the company that is actually going out there and plonking down supercharger stations.

Let me put this simply: what is your fucking point? Everyone has IDEAS. What matters is being able to do something with them.
>>
>>17450995
Even if Tesla goes completely bankrupt sometime in the near future I do think they deserve credit for bringing the electric car back from the dead, and personally I think they'll do fine assuming there's nothing seriously wrong with the Model 3 and they have a clear path to profitability.

As an anecdote I do a lot of commercial A/V installs as part of my work, family business. Way back in the day my dad had a major contract for an office building that was being rented by a company called US Electric Car. The contract at the time was massive with all kinds of fancy hanging rear-projected glass screens and top of the line audio and conference gear. US Electric Car was not only getting massive government subsidies but was also buying out every single startup in the states at the time. Then about a year after all the work had been done and paid for, the company abruptly went bankrupt and was never heard from again and we're pretty damn sure it was all a ploy to buy up electric car start ups and burr them and the technology they acquired, and that tied right in with GM killing the EV1.

The auto and gasoline companies actively conspired to keep electric cars from proliferating. Sure there were hybrids soon after but never a true full EV car until Musk came along. And he had a secret weapon that made it possible for Tesla to happen, and that weapon was cold hard cash. Because when you have fuck you levels of money you can practically do anything short of waging war against the 1st world.

>>17451081
Pretty much exactly this, we can bitch all day and night about every other aspect but Musk has been able to actually do shit. Think about it, it's a fucking miracle. Not only are there good production electric cars people want to buy on the market right now but reusable 1st stage rocket engines were quit literally science fiction recently.
>>
>>17451081

ACKSHUALLY??
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.