[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170628_181906.jpg (919KB, 1862x1395px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_181906.jpg
919KB, 1862x1395px
REAR END STARTED MAKING NOISE
PULLED THE FILL PLUG AND FOUND THIS
AH GOD DAMNIT
If I drain the gear oil, clean it out real good, and put new in, think I'll be Ok? Level was low, there's a leak somewhere other than the pumpkin but I'll have to fix that later. Or am I shopping for a 8.8?
>>
>>17446806
eliminating metal debris from the picture might prolong its life a little bit.

but the thing you need to consider is where that metal came from and how it got into the form of shreds instead of, say, bearings.

if bearings are trashed and being turned into that, it's going to lock up sooner or later.
>>
>>17446825
I know, I know. God damnit. I thought it was a normal T5 whine but then I noticed it at highway speeds. It's been howling for a few days, first chance I've had to look at it. Bearings axle-side seemed fine, but I noticed some fluid being flung onto the chassis from the pinion seal, my guess is switching to synthetic gear oil caused it to leak. The level is low, can't remember if I mentioned that, maybe too low now and it got the bearings. Fuck.
>>
>>17446806
I changed my 25 year old 8.8 a few weeks ago for what was probably the first fluid change and the plug was covered in metal debris. Never had an issue.
>>
>>17446874
+1, it's not really an issue for the plug to look like that. but since he has noise coming from it, it's something to be concerned about.

thoroughly clean it out and then go easy on the launches, it might keep on ticking for a long time. but if bearings are compromised any kind of hard acceleration could chew it up faster.
>>
>>17446888
>>17446874
I feel so dumb for not looking closer at the plug when I changed the fluid the first time, it was like 3 in the morning and I'd been up since 6. You might be right, it's really fine "silver paint" shavings like the OG fluid is supposed to have, but it's definitely not good to howl like that. I guess I'm upgrading to 31 spline sooner than I thought. They make 31 spline 4 lug axles right?
>>
im sorry but i am dumb and dont know what im looking at and reading. is your transmission shitting the bed? or the drive axles?
>>
>>17446946
Drain plug for his differential
>>
>>17446946

rear differential drain plug you fucking nigger

go back to your honda
>>
>>17446961
Rood desu, he was just asking. I'm gonna go to the parts store now, fuck I hope it's just low and not shitting the bed.
>>
File: 20170628_195755.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_195755.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>17446806
>If I drain the gear oil, clean it out real good, and put new in, think I'll be Ok?

Maybe. If the noise goes away. But keep an eye on the oil level since you know you have a leak.
>>
>>17447769
Th-thanks for the glimmer of hope anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.