[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caddy's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 00k0k_gUcubSqSLsa_600x450.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00k0k_gUcubSqSLsa_600x450.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
What do you guys think of the late 90's / early 2000's Cadillacs?

They are extremely cheap for what was once a top of the line luxury car. I see Devilles and Sevilles everywhere with 80k-120k miles for under $3000. All are in awesome condition.

Am I missing something here or should I pick one up?

Thanks br/o/s
>>
>>17441964

Ugly and have not aged well at all. Expensive as fuck on gas, if that bothers you.
>>
>They are extremely cheap
for a reason
>once a top of the line luxury car
no.
>80k-120k miles
thats riiiight at the point where they starting going to shit
>>
>>17441964
>Am I missing something
NorthStar had horrible head gasket issues IIRC.
>>
File: mm7.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
mm7.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>17442001

This. The engines were utter trash, everyone knows this.
>>
>>17442001
They fixed that issue on the later one
>>
There's a reason they are cheap. The Northstar engine was a fucking disaster. Steer clear of these money pits. Get yourself a Continental or a Grand Marquis instead.
>>
>>17441964
Ls400 is better in every way.
>>
>>17441964
Have you ever owned an old luxury car, OP? Half the stuff is broken and costs too much to fix. Sure it still runs but then this is GM we're talking about and you will be working on it to keep it running.
>>
File: 1212.jpg (550KB, 2340x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1212.jpg
550KB, 2340x1316px
>>17442218
This guy knows his shit. I got my Cadillac shitbarge for a grand. I've sunk close to two grand into repairs in just a year's time. Get something made by Ford, or at least a B-body.
>pic related
>>
>>17441964
Luxury cars date REALLY quickly, at least nowadays. That's why they're so cheap. Also terrible gas mileage and Northstar V8's. If you want luxury, I'd go for an older Mercury Grand Marquis or Lincoln Town Car. They aren't as sporty looking and they're more spartan in terms of features, but that latter one is why they have aged better. Plus a Panther will probably be both more reliable and more comfortable.
>>
Thank you for your replies everyone. Really appreciate it. I will reconsider buying this dated piece of shit.

Thanks
>>
>$3k
>luxury car

It will go wrong, but it can only go so wrong, OP. I'd say go for it
>>
>>17442258
If you're really hellbent on an old Caddy, get one with the 4.9 engine. It'll still be a money pit, but not nearly as bad.
>>
What are you looking for? For cheap Luxury get a Town Car. Sporty luxury there's some lexus models, the Lincoln mark vii (Fox body based, famous for easy manual swaps) and the Lincoln Mark viii (though this is starting to enter the realm of unreliable). If you like GM, find a 1994-95 Buick Road Master, or Chevy Caprice with a LT1 V8
>>
File: dhs.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dhs.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17441964
I loved my 2002 Cadillac deville DHS, that thing was beyond comfy. The best part is everyone else on the road stayed the hell away from my big maroon caddy.
>>
>>17442227
>Get something made by Ford, or at least a B-body.
They've all got a big well-known issue, really, it's a matter of how much you want to spend if/when something goes wrong.

>B-body: Optispark, fix it/delete it and replace it with one of the alternative aftermarket setups early and never worry about it
>Panther: Intake manifold, replace it for $30 at your local junkyard, any 2003+ Panther will have the one you want with the metal bracket
>E-body/K-body: Transverse-mounted Northstar V8, abandon hope all ye who enter here
>Chrysler: Stopped making full size cars so long ago anything you find will be a shitbox

In terms of general build quality the Caddies are definitely at the top, though, followed by the B-bodies and then the Panthers all of which are completely parts-binned together. On the bright side that means when shit goes wrong it's often cheaper/easier to fix on the Ferds- the SOHC 4.6 is way slower than the various GM V8s, but they used 'em in 300,000-mile taxis and police cruisers for a reason.
>>
File: 1440478887723.gif (359KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440478887723.gif
359KB, 240x200px
>>17441964
>northstar
>FWD
>>
Quarts of oil HATE him. Find out what this Northstar is doing to keep oil far far away from it with these surprisingly easy tips.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.