[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck is the problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 2001_suzuki_swift_100003586_m.jpg (46KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
2001_suzuki_swift_100003586_m.jpg
46KB, 550x375px
Why the fuck are cars 25K, 35K, 45K, 55K, 70K and so on? what the fuck is happening.

even new modern """"""""""""""""Base"""""""""""""""" Model cars are full of shit that will break and cost 1K+ to fix and will never ever last long. Why is this happening? Why cant we have a reboot of the Metro? it fucking has a radio, simple gauge cluster, manual everything and gets good mileage. even ECOBOOST and ECOTEC shits get less mileage than a metro. fuck even Hybrids and Electric cars dont even go as far as a metro can.
Someone please fucking answer me. Why the fuck are cars fucking retarded overpriced. retarded over-engineered and retarded horrible on gas and will never last as long as a metro
>>
>>17441842
The Chevy Aveo is the most recent Metro-esque vehicle.
>>
yeah we should all drive awful tin cans that kill you in low speed accidents and by time the crash happens youre ready to die because the car is miserable to be in
>>
Yeah most cars out there are overpriced, but you can still find good deals on new cars if you pay attention to manufacturer rebates and local stealership offers. I got a 2017 optioned sedan for only 17k out the door. If you take the time to educate yourself on what each trim level actually gets you, you would be surprised how much you can get for the money by choosing a trim package that isn't advertised as much.
>>
>>17441850

2017 Chevy Sonic
MSRP: From $15,145
MPG: Up to 28 city / 38 highway
Fuel tank capacity: 12.2 gal
Horsepower: 138 hp
Curb weight: 2,733 to 2,915 lbs

2000 Chevy Metro
$8,000 NEW between 1995 and 2000
MPG: Up to 39 city / 46 highway
Curb weight: 1,895 to 1,984 lbs
Horsepower: 55 to 79 hp
Fuel tank capacity: 10.3 gal
Engine: 1.0 L 3-cylinder, 1.3 L 4-cylinder
>>
>>17441842
A lot of weight and extras are put on in the name of safety. More weight means more power needed, more power means more tech/size/decreases to mpg. Government mandates absolutely kill a concept or design

I drove a 3cyl Metro and I hated it. Almost crashed it actually. Probably should've

But I agree, you're not completely wrong
>>
>>17441879
adjusted for inflation the Sonic is $4,000 more and has entertainment safety and accelerates fast enough to make you not die of old age on a slight incline

also more luxuries than a fully loaded Metro

nobody wants a shitty car these days except a few nutcases
>>
>>17441842
Moshi moshi shitbox desu
>>
>>17441842
inflation, weak dollar, auto manufacturers don't want to make high volume low margin shitcans, my dog can go into a dealership and get financing, good fuel and safety cost money to engineer and are in style/demanded by the gov, shitcans are shit and nobody wants shit, the metro getting 30+ mpg is a lie told to you by optimistic hypermilers based on fantasy and outdated tests.

did i miss anything?
>>
File: mahdreams.gif (660KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
mahdreams.gif
660KB, 540x304px
>>17441905
>nutcase
>mfw

one day my geo will accelerates
it'll have entertainment safety
and it already gets over inclines
>RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17441905
I would pay $4000 less to not have those luxuries. I don't care for them. My friends don't care for them. We put the AC on and talk to eachother. All a car needs is AC, heating, some form of seat adjustment, power mirros (can be essential for parking with modern SAFETY blind spots), trunk space, four seats, and a radio with an AUX jack. Bluetooth if you're fancy. Some weird USB connection shit if you're fucking weird.

So, really, a base model corolla

Which costs far too much for being a base model corolla
>>
File: Suzuki.jpg (45KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki.jpg
45KB, 480x320px
>>17443582
With all regulations cars probably are just more expensive. Where I live somewhere in EU. The cheapest car is like 11K Euro and you get a VW Up. The cheapest is close to 10K euro, it's a Suzuki Celerio. 10K!!! WTF you can buy a handsome secondhand car for that money.
>>
File: 468.jpg (176KB, 1015x848px) Image search: [Google]
468.jpg
176KB, 1015x848px
>>17441842
Tata
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.