[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2007 mustang blown housing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1152.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1152.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
So i was driving on the highway at 80 mph for aprox 2-3 hours and the engine quickly overheated i pulled over and checked when i did the thermostat housing was blown coolant was all over the engine and it did try to make an effort to start making a wierd noise each time though so we ended up towing it to a dealership they ran it through the computer and said that only 2 pistons were firing and i have heard about the 05-07 limp mode that protects the engine incase of cooling problems im not sure what went wrong but the dealership is saying i need a new engine i think theyre bullshit honestly but that was my only choice any ideas what it couldve been?
>>
>>17440475
What?
>>
>>17440475
Longest sentence 2017
>>
>>17440475
Mazda dealership told my mom she had a blown engine too. It was making a weird whistling while she was driving and finally it made a loud clunk sound and started maxing out at 30 miles per hour. This was basically due to her not once changing the oil in the car. We would give her money to get an oil change then just pocket it and spend it elsewhere. Then the dealership said she had a blown engine and they needed to replace it and I said naw fuck that and it turns out it was just the turbocharger.

tldr; dealerships are a bunch of jews trying to always trying to get more money out of you. Engine wasn't even blown. It was the turbo.
>>
Im asking if you guys think its the dealership trying to make money or if its a $80 fix because the car went into limp mode
>>
>>17440531
Really pisses me off how they abuse every chance they get
>>
>>17440562
>Really pisses me off how they abuse every chance they get

A lot of dealerships are Stealerships because their franchise owners only look at people as numbers. It's rare that some have remained dealerships but some do exist.
>>
>>17440475
If the thermostat housing blew at 80mph you probably emptied the cooling system and starved the cylinders closest to the water pump of coolant overheating them and thus now require a replacement engine or a rebuild (unless you cracked the block...) The dealers diagnosis seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>17441262
My question is how in the hell OP did that in the first place. It's a modular, keep it full of fluids and you can best on it all day. 80 on the highway is nothing.
>>
>>17441270
Sounds like OP isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, his housing was probably leaking for a while and he just never bothered to check it and eventually it failed catastrophically.
>>
>>17440562
It's fast money. The chance of getting caught is nil. Everyone loves fast big money. Ethics and getting fast money are often opposed to each other.
>>
>>17440531
Didn't happen to be the mazda 6 skyactive diesel did it?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.