[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best 125cc for UK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cbr.jpg (172KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
cbr.jpg
172KB, 1280x917px
Passed my CBT, what bike should I get? Was looking at Honda CBR 125 or Honda CBF 125 or
Honda CG 125, thoughts?

pic is of CBR.
>>
It's either one of those two or a yamaha ybr 125.

All are solid starter bikes. Make sure you get something with a good gearbox.
>>
Just get whatever's cheapest and not Chinese.
Don't waste your money on 12hp """sportsbike"""
>>
>>17439452
They all go the same speed except a CG/CBF won't make you feel like your life is a lie once you get to 60.
>>
If you have the money and don't have any ambitions of going bigger, Honda are doing a limited run of Varaderos which gets you a full 14.2bhp and probably the closest thing to a big boy bike in a 125.

Personally, I rode a YBR125 Custom for 1.5 years, it feels a bit more solid than the standard YBR and is a lot more comfy (I put 12k miles on the clock in the time I owned it, most of which was weekend jaunts rather than commuting).
>>
They're all quite similar. I did my 125cc license on a CBF, and liked it for its low weight, easy handling and high MPGs.

Still, they're also a tad weak, and you can have a lot more fun on something like an old Aprilia RS125, especially if tuned
>>
just get a scooter or a duke 125
>>
Why 125? If it's a learners restriction I thought you can get bikes chipped in Europe so you can ride say a 250 or whatever with the power nerfed.
>>
File: IMG_1081.jpg (205KB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1081.jpg
205KB, 450x290px
>>17439742
anon's probably underage or poor
>>
>>17439452
Grom
>>
>>17439742
In the UK you are restricted to a 125cc up to 11kw (14.5hp) on a learner's. You're thinking of the A2 restriction.
Though any "R"125 will only garner respect from moped riders or other R125 owners.
>>
>>17439452
Do you want a fairing and windscreen?
> Yes
Honda CBF125
> No
Yamaha YBR125

Do you want it to work?
> Yes
Honda or Yamaha.
> No, just cheap the fuck out on reliability!
Cheap chinese shit off ebay!

>>17439742
UK.
CBT is Compulsory Basic Training, and means you get to ride bikes up to 125cc for two years, before having to take it again.
It's literally the basic 'this is how you operate motorbike controls' training and 'are you of sound mind to operate one of these' assessment. They rent you the bike and the gear, and teach you from the absolute beginner level.
Even if you do the mid-life crisis 'I WANT TO RIDE A HARLEY ASAP' special training, they give you a 125 first to teach you the basics.

Even if you can take the midlife crisis special, you end up with better basic skills riding a 125 for a while. They don't lose much value unless you murder them against a wall either, so all you lose is a year's insurance and the pittance of road tax they involve. The lack of grip, power, and mass mean you NEED to develop skills in order to not die.
They're also cheap as FUCK to run. £10 of fuel is a full tank, and can get about 200 miles depending on hills. I did 140 miles in a day a couple of weeks ago, and used about 3/4 of a tank.
>>
>>17439815
Both.
>>
>>17439841
Too bloody expensive. Looking for a second hand one up to 1.5k.
>>
>>17439452
NSR125 fun reliable 2 strokes

t. nsr125 owner
>>
I can vouch for ybr125s but in realyity they are all p.much the same just what ever is nearest to you in best nick at the time and you will be fine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.