[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got my driving test tomorrow feeling the nerves but i guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1497952284366.jpg (60KB, 698x813px) Image search: [Google]
1497952284366.jpg
60KB, 698x813px
got my driving test tomorrow

feeling the nerves but i guess that normal

any tips /o/?
>>
fart in the car during your test to distract the instructor from how poor of a performance you're putting on

also don't fuck up
>>
where do you live? anyways just remember the most important things you learned driving school and try to be as calm as possible in the first five minutes. you will relax anyway as the ride goes on.
>>
>>17438508
australia
>>
>>17438511
Make your mirror checks blatant as possible. If you check a mirror rotate your whole head forty five degrees. You might be able to check your mirrors just with your eyes but they can't see those so they will mark you down unless you telegraph the fuck out of those.
>>
They're super easy in AU, you'll be fine.
>>
depends how hard it is in your country. I failed mine 3 or 4 times (can't remember) which is pretty bad in any case but that was because my brain would kind of turned off because i wasn't used to driving without my instructor and I made dumb, major mistakes.

completely stop at stop signs, don't worry about what the guy behind you is thinking but also don't drive too slowly (i was failed once for going too slow lmao). and always check your mirrors and check over your shoulder when changing lanes.

When I finally passed my test I thought that was the one that I had probably been most sure to fail on because I was nearly involved in an accident between two lorries overtaking each other while I was coming off the roundabout but I apparently evaded it perfectly and I passed that test with no minors and got a perfect score. I guess adrenaline keeps you on your toes. People are worse at driving when they're too relaxed.
>>
Obvious, autistic amounts of mirror and blind spot checking.
Stay on or just under speed limit, don't go slow unless you need to.
If you approach a run or lights and think "I can probably make it if I speed up a bit" just don't. Stop and wait until it's 100% safe.
Unless it's a roundabout, if you see a good gap take it immediately.
Make small talk with the examiner if possible, it'll calm you
>>
A couple shots of rum will calm you
>>
>>17438504
Pay attention to your instructor. When I had my exam he was giving me tips with his hand, like when to upshift, when to speed up and so on. Try to be nice to him and have a Little chat once you enter the car to calm the nerves a bit.
>>
>>17438504
Assume you've already failed, then you wont fear failing.
>>
don't fuck up
>>
Just imagine it's nicky grist sitting next to you with pacenotes and not the cunt from the dvla.
>>
>>17438580
>Make small talk with the examiner if possible, it'll calm you

That's how they distract you and intentionally let you fuck up things
>>
It's tomorrow so it might be too late but you should do practice runs on known courses they take.
I'm not australian but my instructor made me parallel park in an empty street that's usually full of cars.
>>
>>17442761
For me it was the opposite. The quiet makes me nervous and you aren't allowed to have the radio on, so talking with the DPS worker and making small talk humanized her a little and helped me relax during my test.
>>
Did you pass anon?
>>
>>17438504
Exaggerate your movements, make it super obvious when you're looking left and right, right down to flipping the turn signal. Don't sweat it, the test's not going anywhere, it's not a big deal, take some xanax and get it over with.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.