[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

2000 BMW Z3 2.8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 00X0X_1fDiHgi7bU8_600x450.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00X0X_1fDiHgi7bU8_600x450.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
Considering buying a Z3 with the 2.8l straight 6 for a first car. The one I found has about 20k miles, one owner, and it's listed for 9.5k

Opinions?

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6172583510.html
>>
File: wtf are you doing.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
wtf are you doing.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>buying a BMW as your first car
>>
Buy a real Miata instead.
>>
If you think the looks aren't butt ugly then it'll make a nice cruiser.

They don't drive like sports cars though, they compete with SLKs not Miatas or boxsters.

Roof replacement and repair is going to be ludicrously costly as well as all the z3 specific parts, the engine parts shouldn't be much more than regular BMW pricing but remember these motors need regular maintainence so run from anything that hasn't been well kept and get ready to get your hands dirty. May also help to have a backup car.
>>
>>17436874
Also the community is small for these, lots of old dudes who are dying off, so if you're looking for something with a decent following that you can go to meets and be on facebook pages/forums and things about, you may find it hard.
>>
Holy shit that's cheap. Buy it. Dude should be asking 12k+.
t. BMW dealer tech

Here's a comparable one in my area that has a higher asking price and a shit ton more miles.
https://columbia.craigslist.org/ctd/6170680031.html
>>
>>17436734
>>17436909
Second this, looks really solid

Why are they selling it?
>>
>>17436874
>They don't drive like sports cars though, they compete with SLKs not Miatas or boxsters.
Wrong.
The z3 pulls more G's than the equivalent year boxster or miata, it also outruns them.

>Roof replacement and repair is going to be ludicrously costly as well as all the z3 specific parts,
Wrong, the z3 was not an expensive car, and the parts aren't expensive. z3's new were around $20k, the same as volkswagen jettas.

>the engine parts shouldn't be much more than regular BMW pricing but remember these motors need regular maintainence so run from anything that hasn't been well kept and get ready to get your hands dirty. May also help to have a backup car.
The M52 was an amazingly robust and reliable engine that took tons of abuse. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>17436874
Jeremy Clarkson described the z3 coupe's handling as "Perfection"
>>
>>17437796
>he thinks pulling more Gs is the same thing as good handling
>>
>>17437825
He also can't keep a consistent opinion
>>
>>17437831
The 986 was a miserable car.
>>
>>17437859
Says the guy that never driven
>But I once drove it around the block and read about engine failures on the internet and now I'm an expert on it!
>>
>>17437796
Maybe the M pulls more G's, but the normal ones? no.

Z3 specific parts are pretty cheap, and the soft top is also cheap to replace. Emiata soft tops are the preferred aftermarket ones.

That car has an M54/M52TU. They're good engines.
>>17437859
I went from a Z3 to a boxster and its a whole world of differences, especially in build quality and handling.

I still have a soft spot for Z3 though, the only way i would go back is if i were to buy an S54 M roadster or any of the Z3 Coupes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.