[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haggling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 2017_Rebel500_600x400_Red_trans.png (189KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
2017_Rebel500_600x400_Red_trans.png
189KB, 600x400px
Hiya /o/
I'm gonna purchase a motorcycle soon, my very first one actually. (Honda Rebel 500)
I did all the homework I could on it and know about the pros and cons of it.
I contacted my local dealership about a quote.
Instead of a quote they got me to agree to come in and see it for myself.
I really wanted a quote, so I come to you guys for help.

How do I haggle exactly?
The bike's MSRP is $5,999.
A good price, but I wanna try to get it at a lower, obviously.

Thank you /o/
>>
>buying a cruiser
>buying new
>buying a new beginner bike
>buying a 500cc cruiser
>buying honda
>thinking you can haggle a beginner bike
>not asking in /dbt/
>>
File: guE7LX0.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
guE7LX0.png
51KB, 657x527px
>buying a first bike brand new

please buy a cheap used one. You will end up letting it fall over or will neglect its maintenance badly because you're a newbie

Get an old used hornet 600, you will save loads of money, you will have a more powerful machine and you won't feel as bad when you get it scraped.
>>
>>17435335
Yea I don't want to shit on you too but...

Buy a used bike. You might not be into riding like you think you are. Buy your first bike used. Please.
>>
This is what I want I'm sure of it
Like I said I did my homework and researched a whole lot.
If I drop it and it gets scuffed I won't mind.
As long as it does what its supposed to do.
As far as maintenance goes my friend is a gearhead and will help me out with it if anything goes wrong.
>>
File: get_fucked.jpg (92KB, 667x584px) Image search: [Google]
get_fucked.jpg
92KB, 667x584px
>>17435535
>what is vehicle equity?
>what do you mean, most motorcycles end up totalled?

IT'S THE GOOD ADVICE
THAT U JUST DIDN'T TAKE
WE WHO WOULDA THOUGHT
IT FIGURES
well life has a funny way
of wrecking ur motorcycle
when u think everythings ok
and everythings going riiiiight
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 916x916px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 916x916px
Buy something faster, you'll be bored of the 500cc in a year. Forget passing people on that thing. Also, don't buy your first bike new, you're going to drop it and then you'll be pissed because you just destroyed something due to your own inexperience.
>>
>>17435535

If you got them feels for the bike, get it. It's a cheap bike that won't see that much depreciation anyways, and you don't have to deal with potential/likely quirks from previous owners.

For what it is, the engine is plenty. Hell, even consider the 300. I had a bobbed XV250 some years ago, and it was a funny little bugger that kept up with any traffic with no issues.

600cc sportbike learners is a meme. You'll just spend the first time of ownership being afraid of it and it will totally make you act like an asshole.
>>
Is there a US equivalent of carmax for used bikes? I want to find a used Suzuki TU250 but most of the bikes in my area are choppers/cruisers or ricerockets
>>
>>17435680
I was going to go with the 300 but a lot of reviews said the 500 would be the better choice for beginners.
>>
>>17435335
Have you ever ridden a motorcycle before? Sit on it and if you can demo it do it. That way you can see if you like the handling.
I agree with others, buy it used so you can sell it if you aren't into motorcycling.
You won't get bored as long as you try and get better at riding. I am faster then most cars up to 45mph on my 150cc scooter.
Factor in gear cost, and some tools as well.
>>
>>17435725
If you are going to do a lot of highway riding, then the 500 is the better choice.
As >>17435739 said, drop by a dealer and demo them before deciding
>>
>>17435335
It's a new bike new model demand will be high you'll probably have to pay MSRP.

A model years into its production run you're more likely to get a discount new.
>>
I know how to ride somewhat
My gearhead friend let me putter around a bit on one of his bikes.
I don't have my license yet, my friend will take it home for me.
Yes, he's trustworthy.
Been studying the test materials.

I just need to know some haggling tips. I've got a plan and Ill take it slow.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.