[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomy/Tomica cars are the best toy cars. where can I buy some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: VX824497 8_zpsxhmzioyq.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
VX824497 8_zpsxhmzioyq.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
Tomy/Tomica cars are the best toy cars.

where can I buy some

also where can I get some 80s/90s Japanese toy cars.

or has that ship sailed already
>>
lmao that looks like total shit
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (24KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
24KB, 500x331px
Tomica Vintage Neo line
>>
>>17431211
This
>>
>>17431181
>also where can I get some 80s/90s Japanese toy cars.

also by this I meant 80s/90s car models.
not toy cars that were made in the 80s/90s

willing to get other brands.

I really need to get an FC
>>
>>17431181
They do re-releases of classics sometimes. When I was in Japan last time I snagged a ae-86 and an r31 rs turbo at a store that's the Japanese equivalent of target
>>
>>17431181
Thought that was Neon SRT 4.
>>
>>17431181
Amazon
>>
>>17431257
are they expensive in Japan?

a friend is going there and wouldn't mind if they brought a Tomy car back for me. even if it's something like a Honda fit.

are they expensive? don't want to put them out of too much cash
>>
File: IMG_2046.jpg (1MB, 3176x2381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2046.jpg
1MB, 3176x2381px
I bought this in Tokyo
>>
>>17431181
This reminds me
>suddenly remember that Tomica World used to be a thing in North America
>have so many of the goddamn things from when I was a kid stored away in my dad's basement, they were the shit
>decide to Google it
>find a shitty rip of the old dubbed over promotional VHS
>nostalgiatrip.exe
>try to find more information about it
>barely find anything about the original series outside of eBay sales and shit, anything related to the original line has long since been discontinued to the point where the website doesn't exist anymore
>figure out Jap kids still have all this shit 50 fold including Initial D related stuff
>then realized Hotwheels went a similar route, big motorized sets are insanely rare now
>as well as marble roller coasters, big motorized lego and k'nex stuff, etc.
>realize kids never want this shit anymore because of their parent's smartphones and tablets

Feels really bad desu. At least my kids can enjoy all the beat up shit I had when I was a kid. Nothing beats a physical thing to build and interact with as a kid that you can turn on and make come to life
>>
>>17431181
Try the following sites. I'm not really into buying toy or model cars but they are where I buy pretty much all of my weeaboo stuff.
https://hlj.com/
http://www.amiami.com/
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/ This one is pretty much all pre-owned items.
>>
>>17431279
Nah, like 3-4 dollars.

If you're looking for a specific on though and he has to go to a second hand store, then they might be more.
>>
>>17431672
Specific one*
>>
Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: 20170624_135034.jpg (1MB, 1836x1732px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_135034.jpg
1MB, 1836x1732px
>>17431314
Part of it is cheap engineering. Hot Wheels sets are rather flimsy and take up tons of space, batteries, etc. Once you get the sets out of the box and put them together they're rather lackluster and there's little you can do with them beyond what's on the box.

I had a few Darda sets as a kid. They are exponentially better than any Hot Wheels track and the cars are just hopped-up pullback cars that require no batteries. The tracks hold together better, the parts are tougher and last longer.

Found this box at a thrift shop yesterday and there's enough parts inside for two complete tracks at once.
>>
>>17431899
I never knew what these things were called as a kid. I loved playing with them at friends' houses
>>
>>17431856
>Tripfag
>Telling others to grow up
o i am laffin
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.