[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving Test Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5KB, 259x194px
Give your best tips and help a brother out.
I am an occasional visitor of this board and i haven't seen a thread for talking about driving test out of any of the times that I have been here so thought i would make one for those who are working on a driving license.
>>
OP here.
This is a summary of my research so far.
1. Pay attention to your surroundings.
2. Be respectful to your driving test teacher.
3. Try to remain as calm as poasible.
4. Regularly check your mirror.
5. Try to keep your driving as smooth as possible.
>>
>>17430460
OP again,
More points to cover.
6. Try to keep up with the speed limit. Dont go too fast but also, dont go too low. If the speed limit is 30kph, stay in 26-30kph.
7. Keep your hands on the steering wheel at 3 and 9 position.
8. Look up "hand over hand" technique for steering.
9. Know the road signs.
>>
File: 1497362748511.gif (1022KB, 399x163px) Image search: [Google]
1497362748511.gif
1022KB, 399x163px
1. Make sure you learn everything you can learn (Signs, traffic laws, etc.) so you minimize the amount of things you could fuck up.
2. Be careful with your manouvers. Make sure you can do them safely and NEVER make sudden movements. When I did my exam I changed lanes in a quick panic and I failed as a result. ALWAYS LOOK.
3. Driving the speed limit is important but not something you should focus on too much. Every moment you're not looking at the road you can fuck something up.
4. Check your mirrors like a huge autist. Learn to do the whole mirror routine before every turn, every fucking time.

That's all I have.
>>
>>17430513
Both hands on the wheel is important too. In most countries it gets noted if you don't.
>>
>>17430451
i guess that would depend on the country. generally speaking, do everything as the instructor says, he'll try to prepare you for exam and not for real driving.

pay attention to the pedastrian walk/stop lights. if those things are blinking, there will be a change soon so slow down so you won't get through on the yellow
>it's legal to drive on yellow
but not on the exam, at least in my country
>>
>>17430513
>>17430519
>>17431178
Great contribution. Thanks fellas.
>>
tips on parallel parking and doing a turnabout?
>>
File: ItsThatEasy.jpg (3MB, 3000x2251px) Image search: [Google]
ItsThatEasy.jpg
3MB, 3000x2251px
>>17430451
Depends what country and state you live in.

I'm in Commiefornia and a few tips here:
1. Make sure you study your hand signles.
2. Make sure you remember your left from your right. Don't want to put your right turn signle when the person says turn your left on. Also don't want to merge left when they say right.
3. Use your head. Literally turn your head to look left right left or when checking your blind spots or go in reverse.
4. Be confident and drive safely.
5. If the person testing you is an ass then doesn't matter how good you do you won't pass.

Good luck!
>>
>>17433088
Forgot to add...

People don't know where to stop at a stop sign. Stop behind the sign and not at the line. Usually the sign will be a foot or two behind the line so pay attention where the sign is and stop inline with the sign.
>>
Have driving test in a month but parents still won't let me drive for practice. Could i still pass if i practice every now and then during the month?
>>
>>17434096
OP here,
I am driving every now and then too.
I think it depends on how good are you and how fast can you learn.
I try to watch as many as driving videos on youtube as possible. Just to keep my knowledge fresh.
>>
>>17434219
GL dude.

I memorize techniques quicly but my problem solving skills are kinda weak. Guess i need to put effort into that.
>>
>>17434219
Kek I thought you said "drifting videos". Had a good laugh. I learned how to parallel park before I started driving from playing GTA IV. When I tried it in real life it was similar enough.
>>
>>17434356
Good idea!

Do you know of any simulator sort of games where driving in the game could help me pass the test?

Like i said, driving for me is a challenge since i do not have access to the car often.
>>
>>17430451
Depends on where you live as >>17431178 points out. For example
>"hand over hand" technique for steering
as suggested by >>17430484 would fail you where I live.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.