[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slip Road General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 05.jpg (70KB, 453x341px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
70KB, 453x341px
Ok so basically I have a real problem joining slip roads, I'm told the safest way to join them is to speed up to motorway speeds so you can join at the same speed. But this is hedging your life on the chance that there will be an appropriate gap which is insane!

You're literally taking a chance each time you join on, I have no issue driving on them and leaving it's just the joining.

So what would you do to improve the safeness of slip roads?
>>
>he makes a thread
LMAO OP just mash the pedal to get to speed and be looking at the freeway to figure out sure the gap will be. Have your blinker on and people will notice you more and help give you room.
>>
File: 1483848544836.jpg (86KB, 759x811px) Image search: [Google]
1483848544836.jpg
86KB, 759x811px
Is this the UK version of "oh gosh should I go fast or go slow when I'm merging onto the freeway from an on-ramp"?

For What It's Worth, in the USA you're expected to already be going as fast as you can (within speed limit) by the time you're reaching the end of the on-ramp (by the time you "join" the "slip road"). If you're going slow then it just mucks things up
>>
>>17430210
If you're not keeping pace with the main carriageway you make it harder for everyoen behind you to merge
>>
i like to roll into these slowly to clog up the people in the anemic 4 cyl econo shitboxes behind me, and then mash the pedal right when i need to change lanes and accelerate beyond the going speed and then switch lanes wildly into the passing lane

>devil-ish
>>
>>17430222
Its the same in the UK.

>>17430229
I do its just the fear of meeting a line of lorries.
>>
Stick your head out the window at full throttle and make eye contact with the other drivers and they will make a gap for you. Gee that was easy.
>>
>>17430210
gun it and run it op
>>
>>17430266
in the US when I'm merging onto the freeway ahead of a "line of lorries" (commercial trucks) I just WOT that fucker and use muh turn signal, it's about all I can do
>>
File: route-1-route-1.jpg (47KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
route-1-route-1.jpg
47KB, 750x422px
>>17430210
Oh, so YOU'RE the pussy faggot with driving habits worse than 17 y/o boyracers.
Can't find a gap? Speed up and pass to merge, it's why you merge into the slowest highway lane and not the fastest.
If you don't do this, other cars behind you stop having enough room to merge at highway speeds very quickly, so not only are you a dangerous pussy but you turn everyone else into dangerous pussies that are all about to get plowed.
Pic related, it's what happens when you don't hit the gate doing 98.
>>
File: 1390587852505.jpg (193KB, 1197x837px) Image search: [Google]
1390587852505.jpg
193KB, 1197x837px
>>17430210
I've yet to experience a situation where absolutely no gaps exist
>utilize the slip way to accelerate you shitbox to speed slightly faster than the flow of traffic
>if there's a car right next to you, ease slightly off the gas and merge right behind
>if there's a car on your seven o'clock gun it and merge in front
>???
>profit

picture unrelated
>>
>>17430634
I do hit the gate doing 98, its just I fucking hate it.

>>17430776
I literally had a no gap a few weeks ago, it was on a really short slip road though.
>>
merge at the speed of the traffic your joining. The only slip roads I approach on slowly are short ones with no hard shoulder or run off area and I'm only aware of one of those I ever use on a semi-regular basis.
>>
>>17430979
who cares, you can just continue on the shoulder
>>
>>17431097
huh never thought of that, always paranoid of running out of slip road.
>>
>>17430210
You're taking a chance every time you get in the car.

If you're too afraid of taking chances, don't drive.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.