[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First car suggestions Im thinking something along the lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: received_10212088152512027.gif (1MB, 480x294px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212088152512027.gif
1MB, 480x294px
First car suggestions

Im thinking something along the lines of a pre 1990s rwd like rx7 FC
>>
>>17429393
Miata or 95 civic
>>
>>17429393
better off with a Miata for a first car than RX-7
>>
>>17429405
>>17429395
Any particular reason why miata? Sorry not too informed on cars
>>
>>17429419
RX-7s are horrendously unreliable and if you know nothing about cars don't even think about it. Miata is reliable fun transportation with a convertible top. Do not buy a rotary engine.
>>
>>17429500
What's a rotary engine

I think I will just get a rx7, they look cool
>>
>>17429509

> What's a rotary engine
> I think I will just get a rx7, they look cool

troll thread
>>
>>17429526
Yeah gave it away way too quickly
>>
>>17429526
OP here, that wasnt me who replied. My dad used to be a mechanic,and i DO have some knowledge of cars just not as much as some on/o/ lol. Is it just rx7's requiring maintanance more on average? I havent had any experience with either vehicle dont know anybody with any either. Any advice would be appreciated
>>
>>17429633
Also i mean rotary engines shouldnt be too conerning if i get the FC right? Other than fuel inneficiency of course
>>
>>17429633
Depends on the engine but if you plan to get an rx7
Don't. You need a reliable DD and enough savings to be ready to fix that engine when it goes. (3 / 5k).
Ive had a blast in rx7s but they are very demanding of your time and pre-planning (premixing oil every time you fill up) (refilling oil once a week) there are plenty of fun cars that aren't about to break down on you at every possible opertunity.
>>
>>17429509
Fuck off go pretend to be op somewhere else
>>
>>17429658
P. S good luck finding one that isn't thrashed
>>
>>17429658
>3-5k to fix the engine
Wtf you buy a brand new one everytime something goes wrong?
>>
>>17429633
This is one of those situations where if you have to ask you're not ready.
RX7s are a cut above normal cylinder engines in terms of maintenance, and there's a lot of ins-and-outs of operation and maintenance that can just be overwhelming for someone who isnt mechanically inclined. An rx7 is something you work up to. Otherwise you'd be jumping in the metaphorical deep end, because cars as old as the FC rx7 always require additional maintenance. This is especially because on old cars shit tends to break when you remove other stuff to make repairs, which just turns into a headache.
>oh hey let me check my spark plugs so i can inspect their condition
>remove coil plugs
>3 out of the 4 disintegrate and now i need to distributor wires
>>
>>17429677
I apologize I didn't mean every little thing that goes wrong but sometimes you end up having to rebuild them when either you or your car fucks up.
>>
File: 1496384977347.jpg (2MB, 4896x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1496384977347.jpg
2MB, 4896x3264px
>>17429633
an RX-7 (or any other rotary-powered car) will require you to be more conscientious about maintenance as well as how you treat the car on the road. You have to let it warm up for a few minutes before driving and bring it close to redline often to get rid of carbon buildup in the engine. Oil MUST be changed every 3,000 miles, and you have to keep a watchful eye on the oil level because rotaries devour the stuff. Occasionally premixing the fuel with a small quantity of oil is also a good idea.

provided you do all of this, you're probably going to have a good time. However, as a first car and a DD an RX-7 is a horrible choice because they're expensive to run and they require an amount of love and care that is very inconvenient for day to day use. There's a reason why RX-8s are so cheap, many buyers had no idea what owning a rotary entailed so a lot of them went to shit very quickly.

if you want a fun first car, get a Miata or even an MR2, if you still have the itch to get a rotary later at least you'll have some more experience under your belt.
>>
>>17429706
Ok. Thanks for all the replies guys. probably will look towards a miata :) also yall should know the rx7 FC i was looking at had engine imported from japan and mutiple other parts replaced in 04' so its not too old.
>>
>>17429757
We're not saying its a bad purchase, it would just be a bad daily driver and a first car. buy it as a project/weekend car
>>
>>17429774
Yeah i understand. Thanks again for the help deciding.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.