[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's better: ceramic coating or wax?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 71T017+BecL._SL1500_.jpg (198KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
71T017+BecL._SL1500_.jpg
198KB, 1500x844px
What's better: ceramic coating or wax?
>>
ceramic
>difficult to apply
>easy to fuck up and cause serious damage
>locks in imperfections for a while
>maintains super hard finish for a LONG time

wax
>easy to apply, at least most of them are
>hard to fuck up
>imperfections you missed can be worked on after the wax is gone
>gotta apply it often

personally i'd get the car in tip top shape on my own then take it to a professional shop for a ceramic coating
>>
i have a ceramic coating on my redsport and it does make it look really nice and cleaning the exterior is literally wash off with soapy water and dry
>>
>>17426478
>What's better: ceramic coating or wax?
How much are you willing to spend every few years?
>>
What looks better?
I drive my car only in summer and autumn what will be better in this situation?
>>
>>17426478
I use wax. I thought about using a ceramic coating and even went as far as to buy the Cquartz kit but ultimately decided that I didn't want any sort of semi-permanent coating on the car. I went with a full PPF wrap instead because removal is fairly straightforward and it actually protects the car as opposed to just making it easier to wash.
>>
>>17428364
It's really hard to beat carnauba in terms of shine.
>>
>>17428364
wax
>>
File: 2017-05-15_22.22.24.jpg (2MB, 2041x1321px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-15_22.22.24.jpg
2MB, 2041x1321px
Synthetic Sealant + Carnuba wax. Both can be applied to the whole car in 10 minutes with a DA polisher.

All about them layers senpai
>>
File: normal_Img_3910.jpg (64KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
normal_Img_3910.jpg
64KB, 600x449px
>>17426478
>ceramic coating or wax
rust
>>
>>17426478
As illegal taco girl says, "why not both?"

You can wax over ceramic coatings and sealants.
>>
>>17426478

Depends on what you're looking for. Ceramic is there to prevent paint oxidisation and to stop shit from eating away at the paint. Wax will also do that but needs to be applied every few weeks. Can't be beat for depth of gloss though.

>>17428669

Bit of orange peel on that bootlid, but looks bretty good other than that
>>
>>17428669
Nice nissan.You should start lifting too, your pic does not do you any good
>>
>>17426478
Sealant

As easy as carnuba but is almost as durable as ceramic
>>
>>17429397
I use the Turtle Wax ICE sealant on my car (bought new) and it has been good to me when when I manage to wash off the turtle wax ICE synthetic wax. I can still tell there is more shine than from the factory clearcoat.
>>
>>17430449
If I live in a hot area, I wax because that protects the clear coat from UV. It's bad enough already that my tires get sunburned. After 2 years, they start to get micro cracks that get bigger and bigger.
>>
>>17430449
>If you live in a hot area,
If the sun is beating down on your car, you should wax it. That sun will otherwise make your paint fade or your clearcoat oxidize faster and it will get thinner and thinner as the UV damaged oxidized surface molecules fall off.
>>
>>17430449
>If you live in a hot area, ceramic becuase your wax will melt
>If you live in a hard area, wax because your ceramic will shatter
>If you live in a hard and hot area don't coat.

Just because hot areas make wax less protective doesn't mean you still shouldn't wax. If you will only do preventative maintenance if conditions are perfect, then you're going to end up not protecting the car at all just because you can't be perfect.

If you're going to be like that, then why drive? You aren't a perfect driver?

Why get gasoline if it is not a perfect fuel?

Why bother waxing if the hot weather and strong UV reduces wax's protection?

As for "ceramic" coatings, the expense isn't worth both the expense and the problems such a coating has. It is a "rube goldberg" approach made to sell a product to people who blindly believe that "more is better".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.