[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wankels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Mazda 20B-REW.jpg (61KB, 268x211px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda 20B-REW.jpg
61KB, 268x211px
>no reciprocating mechanisms
>no timing belts or chains
>barely any moving parts at all

What stops the 13B/20B from just revving up to 12000? 20000?

Is the transmission just not up to it?
>>
>The maximum revolutions of a rotary engine is limited by tooth load on the synchronizing gears.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine#cite_ref-31
>>
How much does it cost for apex seals? I'm talking just parts, and any other part that goes along with an apex seal job.
>>
>>17419843
>and any other part that goes along with an apex seal job.
Rotor housings, sometimes rotors, bout 2000 in parts.
>>
>>17419925
What the fuck at that price you could just buy a used piston engine and rebuild it.
>>
>>17419546
That's exactly it, the transmission. 1 revolution of the crankshaft is only equivalent to .33 of the rotors themselves, so if they transmission could handle it, you could go much higher than most do. The USDM FD hits the rev limiter at about 8100 to save the transmission.

Check out Jay Leno's Cosmo 110 and RX-3 videos. He mentions hitting 11 or 12k RPM.
>>
>>17419722
I assume that the apex seal would be moving to fast as well
>>
>>17419931
Rotor housings + rotors + irons + seals means you've just rebuilt the rotary entirely.
>>
>>17420016
2000 in parts + the cost of a core engine to rebuild in the first place
>>
>>17420054
I'm not sure I understand you. That is the core engine. A rotary doesn't have a block. Those parts ARE the engine.
>>
>>17420054
Shit even at 2000 grand you can build up a 4 banger and make the same amount of power as a rotary for that money or buy a new engine or buy a used ls1 less monies and buy other things along with it to swap it into a car wtf. This is why rotary engines are not that popular in most places
>>
>>17420134
At 2000 grand I don't think you have to worry about any price desu.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.