[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need advice of whats happening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: whitefurrycreature.jpg (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
whitefurrycreature.jpg
31KB, 512x512px
>be me have old 2003 suzuki areio
>head gasket cracks my diagnosis of everyone i talked to
>searching around countless websites for shit boxes in my range of money
>finally come across an impala talk to the guy about it says all his stuff
>says he works in a machine shop
>wot.exe
>ask him about fixing my suzuki and a head gasket replacement
>says he will do it for 300 bucks he works in a relatively small business machine shop his manager is pretty cool

so /o/ is this suspicious this is my only shot of fixing my car
>>
>>17413330
It depends on why the head gasket blew. If the head(s) are warped, he can machine them down to be perfectly flat again. If it's the block, then it can still be machined, but you're probably better off getting a new engine, or car depending on the condition of everything else.

I'd definitely talk to some people he knows and ask if they think he's competent with cars and stuff though. 300 dollars isn't a bad price at all for the amount of work that's involved, but if it's just something he does on the side it may take more than a weekend for him, or it may only take him a day.
>>
>>17413370
the radiator overheated the car to much and finally it started leaking, it all started at a nappa shop there was a nice mormon guy trying to tell us we have a broken leaking radiator so then the boss shut him up, so we kept letting the car cool off every 20 minutes and kept going and going pouring antifreeze into it reaching into town, so heat is the main problem of why it broke when i turn the car on it shoots water out the tail pipe
>>
>>17413382
Yeah if it's actually shooting water out of the tailpipe, that's pretty fucking blown. Your heads are most definitely warped and will need machining.

Another possibility is a blown intake manifold gasket though. They can have similar symptoms, though there are ways to differentiate from the two. I had a truck that the intake manifold gasket went out on, started leaking coolant into one of the cylinders and into the oil, which meant it was burning coolant and mixing it into the oil. It would also make a ticking noise on startup, from the cylinder hydrolocking (wasn't completely full of water, but it was enough to produce a noise until all the water was ejected frm the cylinder).

Check the oil and see if it looks murkey or kind of tannish, look for signs that there is coolant in the oil. If there is, drain it and put fresh oil in as soon as you can and don't run the car. Antifreeze in the oil can damage bearings and other critical parts in the engine.
>>
>>17413434
oil is pretty normal looking, some mechanic told me i have water in my oil but when we checked it looked like normal oil.
>>
Don't bother fixing shitbox, buy new shitbox. From your description of events the Pistons are probably all melted around the edges and the bores scored too. The car will probably run fine but forever be a heavy breathing oil leaking piece of shit
>>
>>17413434
oil doesnt look murky or creamy at all just plain ole oil
>>
That's for machining the head, I'm guessing. He's probably assuming you'll be pulling the head and putting it back on yourself. Otherwise the estimate would've been north of $1000 for parts and labor.

Might not be worth it, depending on the book value of the shitbox, depending on whether you do the work yourself or not.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.