[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>But anon, why do you even drive a manual car? Everyone knows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (80KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 633x758px
>But anon, why do you even drive a manual car? Everyone knows that automatics are better and easier to drive
>>
"They are, but this is more fun to me"

Wow anon, conversations sure are hard.
>>
>>17412512
Watch out tripfag, they don't like being shown that normal is easy.
>>
But that's right, manuals are more fun though, and better for crawling offroad which nobody in their right mind does. Sorry jeepfags.
>>
Throttle response, fuel economy, reliability etc plus it makes me feel like a precious special snowflake.
>>
>>17412526
Silly anon, how are you supposed to take a selfie of you with your decaf skinny iced triple shot soy strawberry latte with sprinkles and update your Instagram when you've gotta use a gear stick :^)
>>
>>17412526
>Fuel economy
>Reliability
CVT transmission is better then manual
>Throttle response
Manual transmission is best transmission for this
>>
>>17412538
I wouldn't call CVTs better with reliability. What makes you say that?
>>
>>17412629
Personal experience. I've never driven a modern day CVT. But I've seen a fuck ton of old Hondamatic engines that have been past 500k that still had alright looking belts. Also way way way less moving parts then manual.
>>
>>17412636
>>Personal Experience
science and statistics hate you
>>
>>17412645
I'm just saying my part. Manual has more parts and more parts that are in contact. Logically CVT is way more reliable. Although once that belt goes you're fucked, never seen it happen but yea.
>>
>>17412636
>Personal experience
i have that too. My 08 lancer cvt shit the bed twice before hitting 100k. thankfully all warrantied. first dead cvt was cause by some solenoid that got stuck and caused it to slam shift from park to any other range. They replaced the whole thing rather than replaced the solenoid. 2nd one popped 30k later. It would overheat every time i got on the highway and tell me to slow down. got to the point where it would fuck me over and start cutting power to save it self and then it would go to full limp mode soon after. Dealer said it's a common problem and changed the whole cvt again. It seems that there isn't really a repair option for a cvt. Most dealer techs would remove and replace rather than crack open a sealed and try to fix it. Same goes for most non-dealer repair shops. I got rid of it before it fucked me a 3rd time.

that being said the cvt in mitsu and nissans are jatco made. not made in house like honda and subaru iirc. I've been keeping an eye on cvts in general since getting rid of mine and noticed that jatco cvt are crap. So avoid. But the whole "remove and replace" solution for cvt problems still stands.
>>
>>17412538
CVT is NOT reliable.
>>
>>17412652
a manual can also be easily repaired.

The way i see it, the cvt on paper sounds great. but in actually practice its a mess. Im sure a cvt can be made very reliable but i think there is a bit of planned obsolescence at play here.
>>
>>17412743
>>17412771
I'm a fag with a 2013 Accord CVT with 120k miles, ask me anything.
>>
>>17412652
https://youtu.be/c47caRqbbnE

Eat a dick
Manuels still a shit
>>
>>17412781
I seems Honda CVTs are indestructible, whereas any other CVT is shit.
>>
>>17412820
i wouldn't say indestructible but better than others.
>>
>>17412511
Because they are cheaper and more available
t. eurofag
>>
>>17412511
Because in my car, an automatic would probably lead to me crashing and dying.

I have much more control with a manual too.

t. mr2 sw20 turbo owner
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.