[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil change on a budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1478141519972.jpg (2MB, 1588x2124px) Image search: [Google]
1478141519972.jpg
2MB, 1588x2124px
I've got no engine oil but I have plenty of transmission fluid. Since they're both essentially the same thing, can I put the transmission fluid in my engine in lieu of engine oil?
>>
>>17411385
Yeah, totally.
>>
No, don't listen to this guy >>17411393
It will ruin your engine.

You can use brake fluid as it's got a very solids-content. Tranny fluid does not, it has small particles designed to help convert the torque in your transmission, but these are essentially little solids floating around. You do not want them in your engine.

If you do use the brake fluid, check to make sure it's DOT 3. You can usually put about 2/3 of the normal amount in, as it will expand to a greater volume than engine oil will, once the engine is heated up.
>>
>>17411418
faggot you forgot to mention the other 1/3rd needs to be coolant so it doesnt expand too much
>>
>>17411385
So many bad ideas. So much bad advice.
>>
>>17411432

Yeah and he should shit in the engine and shove his cock in the tailpipe and have someone floor it in PARK.
>>
All these fags are fucking with you OP, just fill it up with dr. pepper
>>
>>17411385
That looks so much like Alina West.
>>
Just get a jug of regular oil. Any oil is better than no oil
>>
>>17411418
Dot 3 is specifically designed to NOT expand when temperature is increased. Brakes get exponentially hotter than engines dipshit.
At least learn the basics before you troll.
>>
Dont listen to these retards. Plenty of ppl on a budget just replace the oil with gasoline and it works just fine.
>>
>>17411385
Do you have any cooking oil? Or extreme acne? Eh who's kidding, you're posting here so you've got extreme acne. Take a butter knife and a bucket and start scraping the oil off your pimple face, do this for a couple days (2 days if you don't shower should suffice). Grab a funnel and pour it in. Do you know Lewis hamilton? It's how he always wins.
>>
>>17413012
Disgusting.

Ignore this shitposter and use Cheerwine.
>>
>>17411385
>Since they're both essentially the same thing
They're not.
>>
>>17414650
holy fuck anon have a (You), thanks for the audible kek
>>
>>17414676
They're both lubricants. They are the same thing.
>>
Only use ROYAL PURPLE(tm). Accept no substitutes.

sponsored post
>>
>>17414621
>brakes hotter than engine
>engine has fire in it
Checkmate
>>
>>17417590
When it destroys all of your seals it will leave you with a nice royal purple floor
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.