[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ will argue all day about the Ford Panther bodies, but what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1992-lincoln-mark-vii-8[1].jpg (55KB, 605x309px) Image search: [Google]
1992-lincoln-mark-vii-8[1].jpg
55KB, 605x309px
/o/ will argue all day about the Ford Panther bodies, but what can you tell me about the Thunderbird, Cougar, and Mark series, specifically the last two generations or so? Which ones are the most common, if any? Are they as mechanically similar as the Panthers or is there variation among drivetrains? Most common things to go bad (expecting air suspension)?
>>
File: o7yfzhyrE41rto8q9o2.jpg (354KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
o7yfzhyrE41rto8q9o2.jpg
354KB, 1280x853px
>>17410892
Its American and a miata is an all around better car.
>>
>>17410898
I don't have a problem with Miats but they don't go 'burblburblburbl' instead of 'bzzzz.'
>>
>>17410898
>miata
>better

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
I mean theyre all garbage with no real redeeming values

mn12 Thunderbirds are common af tho
>>
any opinions from someone who isn't a shitposting tripfag?
>>
Thunderbird super coupes are nice. And the mark vii is a good platform for a street light brawler. You'll need some good coin to make them fast though
>>
File: DSC_7936.jpg (4MB, 4000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7936.jpg
4MB, 4000x2666px
They aren't expensive but the people who are enthusiastic about them are really into them. I see a lot of great Mark 7's and Mark 8's (as well as thunderbird supercoupes) at Carlisle every year.
They have a lot of similarities to the fox platform. Air suspension isn't really that big a deal, arnott and suncore have all the parts you would need to keep it working.
>>
>>17410892
It's a seriously underrated and handsome design. Saw a Mark VII LSC earlier today. Pretty nice road presence, but I'm not a big fan of the headlights. The early 80's quad headlights and the subsequent Turbo Coupe front fascia design are so sexy.

Good luck finding one that's not a complete rust bucket piece of shit though. A Thunderbird is a great contender for a good driver project with a healthy 5.0 and LSD, maybe even a T5 or T56 manual swap.
>>
File: 54a12be272c5a93fc84e47c5369eb2f1.jpg (100KB, 1229x614px) Image search: [Google]
54a12be272c5a93fc84e47c5369eb2f1.jpg
100KB, 1229x614px
The 88 thunderbird is one of the greatest cars ever made and were one of the most advance cars of their day

and that 2.3 is nothing less than a monster
>>
File: 20170513_203128.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_203128.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
bump out of interest
>>
>>17411779
The Mark VIIs in particular look fantastic in my opinion, but I figured- being a Lincoln- it would have all sorts of unique little naggling things like a Town Car versus a CV/GMQ, and would probably be rarer and higher priced as well hence asking what its platform mates are like. Apparently there was a pretty wide range of engines available in the three cars, even for just one generation?

I gave a quick look around on CL and sure enough, didn't find anything that wasn't either clapped out or a one image and no description crapshoot, which is disappointing.
>>
>>17410892
Theyre closely related to the Fox or sn95 depending on year. Although they are considered their own seperate platform.

Mark 8 is lightyears ahead of the 7. 7 styling wins by a longshot. Mark 8 is one of the ugliest cars ever made.

Early mark 8s (93-95) have the most performance potential and least issues. 97-98 are plagued with electrical issues and goodluck finding one with functional tail and brake lamps. Early mk8s also used teksid blocks which are good for nearly 1000hp. Later blocks dont come close.

Dont sweat finding an lsc 8. Only real difference is an lss and tune. Lsc 7 had hipo 5.0 heads from the mustang while standard had the lopo 5.0 from the vic/tc/mgm.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.