[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ here. Writing a character who is a former bank heist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: afeel.jpg (83KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
afeel.jpg
83KB, 650x842px
Hey /lit/ here.

Writing a character who is a former bank heist getaway driver. Looking for details I can add to demonstrate how good of a driver he is so every chase scene isnt just "he drives the car faster than the other guy." Any sources on high speed driving would be appreciated too.
>>
File: 29958915300_fabe47505b_k.jpg (419KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
29958915300_fabe47505b_k.jpg
419KB, 2048x1365px
>>17410754
/o/ isn't the best place for this.

most people here are either underage w/ no car, drive an econobox, or drive "sports car" on the street.

very little actual spirited driving goes on here

you're better off asking lit
>>
>>17410754
Write some bullshit about him beimg able to feel the grip of the tires through the steering wheel. That way he can push the car to its limit without understeering.
>>
>>17410754
Just watch Initial D. Shoehorn the ''fujiwara zone'' into your story.
>>
Make sure the character has a buspass
>>
Weight transfer, Scandinavian flick, police tactics like PIT
>>
use shit like
>he reached down under the seat and flipped the switch that activated the hidden secondary turbo. his front wheels groaned from the stress of the extra 200 horses as he steadily pulled away
>>
>>17410793
>just as he had lost all hope, he heard a distinctive "ding!". the nitrous pump was fully charged! with four solid nitrous boosts, he just might make it.
>>
>>17410808
>the car started losing power and the sweet smell of coolant permeated the cabin. the engine was dangerously close to dying, as a last ditch effort he transferred all the power to cylinders 2,4,6, and 8. The engine would surely be toast after this, but he only needed 30 more seconds of power.
>>
>>17410777
Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>17410754
If its set in the US, have him drive a Skyline GTR. They're incredibly fast without looking like it and can enthusiasts love them
>>
File: 1497309711013.jpg (105KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
1497309711013.jpg
105KB, 1024x701px
>>17410793
>>17410808
>>17410835
I would read this book every night and when I get stuck with a son I'd read it to him too
>>
File: 1475524095237s.jpg (6KB, 231x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475524095237s.jpg
6KB, 231x250px
>>17410882
Delicate weight transfer, innertia drift, downshifting, rev matching, racing lines

Cool words for /lit/-kun
>>
>>17410754
Name him baby.
>>
>>17410754
>...the car sat in ruin, once a glamorous amalgamation of cutting-edge racing technology now reduced to a sad and still shell of itself. The tasteful exterior modifications barely clung to its factory shape. The subtle green paint now marred with the entry points of a hundred bullets which strangely caused a small flame to come from the roof. I stood bewildered staring at the machine I knew only too briefly, but was quickly interrupted by the look of terror that had befallen my new friend's face.

>"NOS!" he exclaimed.

>Within mere moments I understood the panic he was trying to convey. I turned to run with all my might from the sight-sad vehicle just in time! An extreme light and booming sound emitted from the lime green husk as flames engulfed every inch of its acceptable 90s bodywork as the entire car rose in the air ten feet, something I'd never thought possible.

>I walked over to my bald, baritone-voiced acquaintance to inquire as to what this was all about.
>>
>>17411097
>I had just trashed my bald friends car and now I owed him a vehicle. Since the car could run a quarter mile in ten seconds, we both agreed that whatever I replaced it with should also be able to accomplish this feat. It was then that I knew this undercover operation was going to be more difficult than I had accounted for.
>>
>>17410882
Scroll through these

http://www.drivingfast.net/
>>
>>17411097
10/10 post mane
Got any more material?
>>
>>17410754
He HAS to listen to Eurobeat while he drives or it isn't realistic
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.