[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rear Brake Pads Change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 16012006006.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
16012006006.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
I gotta change the rear brake pads on my '05 Mazda 3. Never done anything with my car at all. Easy job or best to leave it to the professionals?
>>
Easy as fuck. You'll just need a 14mm socket or spanner and a 12mm.

I replaced mine recently for my car and it should be almost exactly the same. Just youtube it mate.
>>
>>17408279
Changing brake pads is an easy job. Just make sure to bleed the air out of the system properly. You can do it in under an hour.
>>
>>17408279
Piece of piss. Watch a couple of Youtube videos and don't forget to press the brake pedal a few times once you've finished to set the pads properly or else you'll shit yourself the first time you try to stop.
>>
Get some pin grease, brakecleaner and dot3/4.
Super easy, just don't ingest any air bubbles.
>>
>>17408291
>>17408294
>>17408295
Thanks, I saw that I might need a tool to push the Piston back in. It's the rear brakes so the handbrake is included. Do I need to tool or will some pliers do the trick?
>>
>>17408279
the process is very simple but everything is gonna be rusted to shit and hard as fuck to get off and piss you off to no end
source: just did brake pads and rotors all around on my 2005 toyota
>>
>>17408304
I just did pads, rotors, and front wheel bearings on my '99 Miata and it was easy as fuck with no rust.

take care of your car you shit cunt
>>
>>17408357
Depends where you live.
changed out the stock rear rotors on my '90 and just used my palm to dislodge. Had to go full angle grinder to get rid of the stoneguards, but hey.
>>
File: ARM_78-102_FRNT_MAIN_13.jpg (130KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ARM_78-102_FRNT_MAIN_13.jpg
130KB, 1200x1200px
>>17408301
C-clamps are cheap and you'll always find them useful, it's worth it to buy a couple.
>>
>>17408294
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it unnecessary to even open up the piston thingies? like, you don't need to open up anything hydraulic at all, just press piston thingies, remove old pads, put new ones, done. if i'm not wrong, then bleeding is not necessary since you don't touch this part of brake system
>>
>>17408383
If you have a threaded caliper you can't use these. The tools you need are cheap to buy and rent though.
>>
>>17408301
Just borrow some shit from Vatozone or something. If they don't, you can use a 2x4 like ol' granpappy did.
>>
>>17409326
I'm just a Toyotafag, so it's what I have to do every time. On those you wanna make sure no air got inside the lines when you unplugged the pads for consistency's sake. The way modern valves are made though, it might not be a thing anywhere.
>>
File: 1469685212853.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1469685212853.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>tfw afraid to change the pads + rotors on my shitbox because I'm afraid I'll mess it up
>>
>>17409880
It's a pretty hard job to mess up, anon. Seriously, it's so easy they let teenagers at Kwik Fit do it. If you need some guidelines try this video and maybe look up a service manual for your car just in case there are any quirks, but it should be almost exactly the same process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQ9UabOIPg
>>
>>17410024
Holy heck thanks, I subscribed
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.