[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get old school sounds in a modern v8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

see title, I want to get the old school sounds of a carb'd v8 into a modern day muscle car (e.g. challenger).

Is this even possible?

Like the sounds in the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFsDguI2sxM

>Pic Unrelated
>>
Maybe a more aggressive cam? Or If you really want to you could take the EFI off of the new engine.
>>
>>17405711
>more aggressive cam
any you recommend?

>take the EFI off of the new engine
how would that work? make it carb'd? even with the computer stuff & sensors?
>>
>>17405726
>more aggressive cam
Kind of, but the idle wouldn't waver like it does on that Charger. It would lope, but not drift apart and converge again like in the vid.

>take off the EFI
That guy is a total retard. There's no way you can just straight up carb a modern engine with all of the sensors involved. The O2's would be freaking the fuck out, the ICM / ECU would probably do it's best to kill the engine.
The only real way to get the sound is to get an older engine. And no, there's no good way to put an older engine like that in your new car and keep all of the amenities you have.
Other than the sound, carbureted engines are wholly less efficient and obsolete. EFI is far more efficient and can squeeze way more power out of the same engine than if it were carbed.

This is coming from a guy that has owned multiple carbed engines, it's just the truth.
>>
>>17405805
I know you could take off the EFI from the old LS engines.
>>
>>17405690
Literally just change the cam and get a tune. Downside is hot cams like that are garbage to daily, they really only like being run at race pace.
>>
>>17405845
No, what you could do is buy an intake manifold with the mounting pattern for a carb, but then you have to rip out the ECU because you can't run stock knock sensors, ECM, etc. with a carb. You would need an aftermarket ignition module to run whatever features you wanted to keep, like computer-adjustable timing /timing curve, etc.
You can't just slap on a carburetor to a modern engine, start it up, and go.
>>
>>17405860
Yeah that's considered all part of the carb swap. Removing EFI does suggest the removal of the ECU. And you can get standalone ignition systems that will run the spark, it's really not hard
>>
Cam and a funky tune should do it
>>
Cam + low rpm idle
like 650 rpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHQcHqI-QNE
>>
>>17405690
Yeah, just get straight pipes.
>>
>>17405690
Just hog all of the crap out of your cats. It's easy and free.
>>
>>17405690
>lumpy cam
>remove muffler and cats
>profit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.