[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amateur Rally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 22133331.jpg (731KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
22133331.jpg
731KB, 1440x900px
So how many of you do amateur rallying with a shitbox in the backwoods?
Even though I'm driving just a shitbox, it's really fun to set up a time trial and shave off time with repeated tries as you go over light gravel, dirt and bumps.
But as fun as it is, I am having concerns on just how much the car can handle(bumps being harsh on the suspension, gravel being harsh on the chassis), and ultimately how safe it is(while it's a road in a forest far away form any town, what if there is some hiker going down the road as I round the corner at high speed).
Any stories to share and advise to give guys?
>>
File: 1496979639507.png (78KB, 590x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1496979639507.png
78KB, 590x1129px
>>17401854
Do want you want man but eventually you're gonna end up breaking something. Your typical shitbox was never meant to traverse anything rougher than a gravel driveway
>>
>light gravel, dirt and bumps

Try dirt, sand and tabletops instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpTSwbDs8z4
>>
File: bird.jpg (2MB, 5000x2812px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
2MB, 5000x2812px
>>17401904
A typical shitbox can take a lot of abuse, but I wouldn't do it with a daily driver.
>>
>>17401854
>what if there is some hiker going down the road as I round the corner at high speed
Just open your windows and blast eurobeat at full volume, I am sure that will warn anybody in the near vicinity.
>>
>>17401954
Well yeah. Btw do you have a youtube I think I'm subbed to you
>>
>>17401854
real rally drivers drive the course once before the actual rally to map out corners and bumps. It's called recce. Tf you find a cool road, drive to the end, then turn around and drive back, making sure to note if there are people around.

If it's clear, go for it.
>>
https://youtu.be/4YPR8PkeQpg
>>
>>17402022
>real rally drivers drive the course once before the actual rally to map out corners and bumps. It's called recce.
I know, grinding the same track over and over isn't exactly how normal rallying works, but often times I just want to race and have fun. Scouting to find new tracks takes time.
> making sure to note if there are people around.
Again, usually there isn't, but that can change one day because nothing is stopping people from being on said roads 10 min after I checked the road.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.