[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the longest time you didn't use your shitbox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: rev.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rev.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
How did it cope for not getting it engine revved up?
What was your excuse?
>>
>>17400767
16 years
>>
A week. We had a massive snow storm, and the snow plows never came down the neighborhood.
>>
i had a no longer with me car that was in an accident so i waited until i could have it repaired, i had to take the city bus, it was awufl im all for public transport but fuck the bus
>>
>>17400767
I usually vacay 2 weeks at a time in the winter, so two weeks.
Vacay.
>>
>>17400838
what happened?
>>
>>17401152
Probably waited until he was able to drive it
>>
>>17400767
Since March
Been waiting for a good weekend to replace the infamous VR6 "crack pipe" coolant leak, also has no battery atm
>>
The two years between inheriting it and getting my licence.

Since I've been driving it, it was in a ditch for 2 days after I crashed it
Coped fine
>>
>>17400767
My Wrangler broke down once (I blew up the rear axle) and I had been saving to buy another vehicle anyways. Went out that weekend and bought a Mustang GT. The Wrangler sat in my garage for about 8 months before I finally bought parts and rebuilt the axle.
>>
File: Snapchat--573016710126133565.jpg (747KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--573016710126133565.jpg
747KB, 1920x1080px
I didn't drive my truck more than 200 miles over the course of two years when I lived in oregon. It sat in california until I shipped it out here to colorado when I moved.

It just sat here.

It sucked. I missed it.
>>
File: badges.jpg (70KB, 960x378px) Image search: [Google]
badges.jpg
70KB, 960x378px
>>17400767 (OP)
Usually one to 2.5 weeks at the most. As an engineer, I sometimes get sent to a supplier that is behind schedule in their R&D plus QC validation of what they are supposed to supply to us. I wish some of these low bidders could be charged with fraud. They bid knowing that deep into the schdule, we cannot abandon them for someone else because we have our own schedules to meet. So we send engineering expertise and staff to help the supplier design something that they were supposed to do on their own.

One supplier we are stuck with because they are the only real USA manufacturer left outside of china who we cannot use due to china's inability to protect proprietary knowledge once you give it to them. The other bidder is even more woefully inadequate but at least they bid more realistically (high).

So I bet in another few years, the same low bidder problem will happen again.

As for my car, I parked it inside my garage before any trip. I made sure the batteries are fully charged before I leave. I flip all the house circuit breakers to off except for the one powering the home alarm. I also shut the water and natural gas at the meter. When I get back home, I recharge the car battery. The parasitic charges are pretty large on these modern cars but not enough to need trickle charging for a 2 week trip.
>>
File: 20150512_080409.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150512_080409.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17400767
Two and a half years. Blew the diff in my c10 and it destroyed the housing.. took a while to find a parts truck with a suitable rear end.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.