[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why are these so cheap now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 546.png (969KB, 1036x712px) Image search: [Google]
546.png
969KB, 1036x712px
So why are these so cheap now?
>>
becasue its basically a 10 year old car from a company that barley exists in the US
>>
>>17399692
That's not an Evo. Just an economy sedan lancer
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 365x363px
because they were shit and you can get indefinitley better cars for that much
>>
>>17399692
>34k miles in 1 year in a shitty car to begin with
Just get a civic for 3k.
>>
>>17399692
Because that thing has 34k miles with only being a year old. Guaranteed rental car or something before and treated poorly.
>>
>>17399692
I thought the SE was AWD?

Because you can't hoon a CVT Lancer, So all the vapers get a Subaru
>>
>>17399692
Because they're (quite literally) worthless shitboxes.

Mitsubishi stopped being good about 20 years ago.
>>
slow and expensive to insure.
>>
Honestly regular lancers are pretty good used econoboxes on paper.

Ok yes, Lancers have very, very basic features, like 10 year old features, and a really cheap feeling interior but this is what makes them good. They are apparently very reliable which is surprising for mitsu since the tech in them has been figured out a really long time ago. Basically, less features less problems. Combine that with pretty good looks, ok gas mileage, and high depreciation when used and it seems like you have a winner.

What really fucks the lancer, though, is that it's not that safe and the insurance for it is fucking awful. Too many boy racers buying them because they cannot afford an evo and crashing them, thus fucking up another option for consumers.
>>
>>17399692

It always cracks me up when I see some ricer kiddie wannabe driving one of these with various Evo badging slapped all over it
>>
Mitsubishi is not a brand you should invest into with any purchase if you live in North America. They sold like shit over there, and when they break you will not find parts that aren't shipped from japan or australia
>>
>>17402086
Even old parts from when they were big are hard to find. My friend is a 3000GT enthusiast and he says it's impossible to get parts for his VR4 from Mitsubishi. He's a part of several 3000GT groups because the only way to get parts is from other owners
>>
>>17399716
>>17399723
Maybe the first owner just liked driving it so much because it was a good car.
>>
>>17402086
Fucking hell. I can still get parts for my Suzuki in North America for cheap too.
>>
>>17399692
because a regular lancer is garbage
>>
>>17402086
parts for the older lancers are easy to find and are pretty cheap, not on the level of a honda civic but its not terrible.

I got my motor for 600$ shipped with 80k on it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.