[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you haggle vs salesmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1432069971062.jpg (183KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1432069971062.jpg
183KB, 768x1024px
So as the subject reads, how do you haggle? What do you even say? Is it the same new vs used? My experience is pretty much this:
>I'll pay $1000 less
>dealer: nope sorry can't do it, won't do it
>ok $500 less
>dealer: nope price is what the price is
>but its been sitting on the lot for 2 months
>dealer: thats ok
>$250 less
>dealer: we can do this all day and the price won't change sir

Like honestly what the fuck do you do
>>
>>17395888
Dont be a bitch. Tell him the price you want and if he keeps denying just walk away
>>
>>17395888
you walk out.
>>
>>17395897
well then how do you get the car you want if salesmen never wanna budge on the price? just keep walking?
>>
>>17395905
Yes. Someone will budge eventually.
>>
>>17395888
>Here's what I'm willing to pay
>dealer nope
>Here's my number when you change your mind
>Walk the fuck out.
If it's a rare trim or a car he knows he can unload at asking price you may never hear back and you will have to suck it up, but usually they will stop you before you even get out the door.
>>
If it's a new car, it's a little easier.
Get the KBB value for the model/trim/options and split the difference between midrange and bottom price points.

Call every dealer in the area and say the other guy offered that number. If they're desperate for a sale, they'll match it or beat it by a bit and throw in some free oil changes and tire rotations.

Also, the best time is at the end of the month and fiscal year since they want to meet sales quotas.
>>
File: 1497566663544.png (140KB, 344x273px) Image search: [Google]
1497566663544.png
140KB, 344x273px
>>17395888
>I was hoping for something closer to XXXXX
>nope sorry can't do it, won't do it
>Alright thank you for your time, there are some other cars I wanted to look at in town so here's my number

If you really want the car, list off the blue book value and ask why they think there's is worth more

Worst thing you can do is let them keep you there for an hour so you feel like you'd have wasted your time if you didn't buy the car. At the end of the day, dealerships want to take as much of your money as possible so fuck em.
>>
>>17395905
basically
eventually someone will stop you at the door and they'll be willing to budge
>>
>>17396039
theirs* fuck me I need sleep
>>
Find out every single imperfection and just beef up how much your local mechanic will charge you to fix it basically make it seem like it's a totaled car based on all the bad things you find and then make them feel like it's getting a weight off their shoulders by selling it to you
>>
>>17395888
I'm preparing to haggle a dealer down on a 2016 FiST soon. There's a 2017 FiST nearby that costs LESS and has the same features, the 2016 has been there for a while. It's nice to actually have a second option to walk away to if they don't come lower than the newer car.
>>
>>17395888

Well first of all you need to establish the vehicle's market value and how much you want to pay for it, it should generally reflect the asking price, otherwise you're wasting each others time.

Once you have a price in mind, stick to it. If it's a dealership, never buy on your first visit. Show strong interest and take up some of the dealers time and say you need to think on it. Once you return, inform the dealer of other similar models on the market. Give him a price you're happy with less a bit (5-10%). Tell the dealer this is at the top of your budget. If he doesn't reach it, act disappointed and walk away. If you made a solid offer, he will call back with a counter or stop you from walking out. At this point he'll accept or you can choose to go to the price in mind you had. Hopefully you both reach a resolution, otherwise walk away.

Never act like you love it and plan to buy it. Act like it's a nice vehicle you're potentially interested in but rather indifferent as there are several others that interest you. Always be polite, don't nitpick imperfections, talk down the vehicle or initially offer a low ball price.
>>
>>17396420
So why wouldn't you just get the 2017?
>>
>>17396490
It's gray, and the 2016 is black. Literally the only reason so if they can't get it below the 2017 I'll walk away happy. The gray can look good too with the right accents.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.