[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My truck is dying.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170618_171701.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_171701.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
So /o/
I have a problem I can't figure out how to solve, 2003 Chevy s10 zr2 with about 180 on the odometer, was rednecked a little bit and had a remanned engine put in. I have a constant abs light and (!) brake light which code read as abs module malfunction.
Recent new developments
>seatbelt safety light flashes randomly with passenger belted and no passenger
>my speedo would jump at highway speeds, I didn't even notice when it happened at first. Now has become losing speedo totally within a month of seeing it.
>transmission issues speedo thing happens
At highway speeds I can sometimes maintain a gear but not accelerate heavily
>shifts randomly sometimes when already lost speedo
>shifting in this state sometimes it rides neutral and no acceleration at all just coasting
>reset with turning truck off and on in bad situation works sometimes.
Side streets ive noticed slow acceleration and shifting through the selector 1,2 work fine, but D is sketchy and 3 didn't like when I tried it. No grinding or anything just high rev low speed.
>but a cycle of the ignition on and off temporarily fixes it
Happens when I hit a bump on the highway sometimes.
>speed sensor?
>please god don't be expensive
>>
O dear god's of /o/
Bless me with some insight into this shit I really can't pay for and hopefully isn't a bank buster
>>
Invest in a bus pass and spend more time fixing it.
If you have no fucking clue you can pay a dealership to inspect it and they'll tell you what's wrong and the part numbers needed. Dunno how much they'll charge for so much inspection but my suburban was 120$ for the diagnosis of my check engine light. With the diagnosis they gave me with the required fixes and part numbers I did it myself for about 100$ in parts and labor in my dad's garage rather than the few hundred they wanted to do it.

I may be very well going down that road again with a service 4WD light coming on.
>>
>>17395719
Sell it
>>
>>17395756
>using 4wd
>ever

pleb

Even if you offroad your truck, you don't fucking need it unless you're a pussy bitch. I've offroaded a lifted '91 Ranger with a fucked transfer case for the past few years in 2WD mode with absolutely no problems.

Granted, I avoid deep mud, but I still do plenty of stupid shit.
>>
>>17395771
I read about people with this problem sometimes having their suburban shift itself into 4lo when they're at a light or park somewhere or something like and when it does it's stuck. I want it fixed before my paranoia gets to me too much.

God why not just put a shifter in the floor rather than this electric motor bullshit...
>>
>>17395756
Thank you one guy, I thought you where gonna be a dick but good advice,
I went forum crawling and found this
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1064783&highlight=Speedo
This is exactly my issue so I will try a VSS first then if the issue persists I'll drive the minivan of shame.
>>
>>17395788
2 wheel all the time.
until days I go to the lake. Then still rarely.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.