[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I drive a red 98 honda accord. It looks like shit. Clear coat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1519.png (879KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.png
879KB, 750x1334px
I drive a red 98 honda accord. It looks like shit. Clear coat is gone rust around the wheel wells.

The other day this redneck dude in my apartment complex got his truck line-x'd out the entire exterior. It doesnt look bad kinda cool actually.

Im thinking about buying like 10 cans of duplicolor spray on liner at about $8 a can and giving it a go diy. Do you think it would look okay as opposed to a flat black regular paint?

Im hoping to keep this baby running until 300k
>>
File: 20160731_144827.jpg (2MB, 4264x2460px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_144827.jpg
2MB, 4264x2460px
sure id like to see. there are a lot of good results of amateur painting.
i painted the trim of my wagon in spray paint camo
>>
It will look like uneven shit, chip and peel, and fade terribly.
>>
File: 20150920_163557.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20150920_163557.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>17395348
and the windscreen cowl
it had been beaten by uv rays
>>
It only really looks good on an old truck or offroad vehicle.
>>
File: 20150920_122238.jpg (2MB, 1406x2500px) Image search: [Google]
20150920_122238.jpg
2MB, 1406x2500px
>>17395357
i say he cant make it worse. he can only gain experience. my paint job was very even and looks factory
>>
You need to remove any and all rust before painting.

My buddy bought a Chevy Colorado and the previous owner used bedliner along the rocker panels and bed which appeared in good condition. Problem is the bedliner, just like rubberized undercoating doesn't inhibit or prevent rust. So if theres any rust underneath when you paint over it, the rust will continue to spread slowly without being seen.
>>
10 cans is just baaaarely enough for a midsized car you should plan on some more if you want to get even coverage and you might want to buy a handle too.
>>
>>17395508

Handle?
>>
File: 17101082.jpg (31KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
17101082.jpg
31KB, 298x298px
>>17395568
So you dont kill your fingertip
>>
>>17395653

Sick I didn't know that existed.

Just a few minutes was looking at using a paint gun with a compressor and buying a gallon. But something tells be the cans will be easier and less room for me to screw up since I don't know what I'm doing.

I plan on doing 4 coats with the first being verrrrry light.
>>
Just whatever you do don't try peel coat or whatever it's called

A story:
>be me 16
>get Nissan Cube (because muh mpg, don't worry I sold it for a mustang cuz it's trash)
>decide that to make it look cooler I put a racing stripe going from the bottom of the front bumper to the bottom of the back bumper hood and all
>FF to 18
>bring cube to stealership
>"I'll give you 4K for it but you gotta get that gay pride stripe off it" (it was a mom and pop dealer so it wasn't too taboo for him to say that)
>get home try to peel it off
>comes off in chunks that are literally 1 fucking centimeter
>have about a 15 foot stripe to do this on
>literally had to pour lighter fluid and gasoline on it and use a power washer+5 hrs of scrubbing to get that shit off
>before you say "you didn't use enough coats" I did I put about 15 light coats on top of eachother on each part of the car

Seriously fuck peelcoat
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.