[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on 3rd gen beetle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3217.jpg (70KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3217.jpg
70KB, 640x418px
I honestly like the new design, I think the rims and updated look make it a bit more appealing than the 2nd gen. It's not great, but so far I haven't been developed an opinion on the car itself.
>>
>>17394366
It's qt and retro, therefore I like it. I have low and simple standards.
>>
>>17394366
looks really nice. unfortunately it will take a long time to rest away the fact it will be thought of as a chick car. Took Miata 15 years to fix itself
>>
>oh wow it's longer and the tail lights aren't circles any more

And yet it's still more feminine than a Prius or hot pink fiat 500.
>>
It was launched in fucking 2011
>>
>>17394366
it's far better than the last gen, especially if you get the hot hatch one
>>
>>17394366
My gf has one and I drive it often. It's a 2.5l(5 cylinder) NA 6 speed auto. It's comfy and fast. Exhaust sounds nice at mid-high revs.
>>
It's probably a POS like the last gen.

The 2.5 L engines burn oil and leak like the Exxon Valdez.
Maintenance is stupid expensive because half of the parts are off an Audi. Even to change the Engine air filter I charge 30 mins of labour because half of the intake must be taken off.

The original krautwagon was made out of excess, cheap shitty materials during the war and if bet this one 60 years later has worse quality control.
>>
>>17394366
Hideous. the only people who convince themselves to like it are wanna be hipsters.
>>
>>17394726
>because half of the parts are off an Audi
That's every VAG car, including Skoda.

If I open the hood of my Octavia I see more Audi logo's than Skoda or VW
>>
The Beetle is one of those cars that are mostly designed for foreign markets (mainly the U.S.) - VW even stopped importing the coupe version to Germany because it doesn't sell. The convertible is not affected yet, but it's only a matter of time until it's gone, too.
>>
>>17394366
I like it better than the Golf now desu
>>
Kinda ugly but such as easy car to make a cheap eye catching custom car out of.
>>
>>17394802
it is too big for europe desu

i drive one in the US and when I see it next to a few european models like the polo it looks like a monster.
>>
>>17394754
I should add I'm Canadian so obviously I see all the brand's across the pond but of the VW models it utilizes more Audi parts.
>>
>>17394366
The good: It's not a POS like the last one

The bad: There's really not much to justify it over the cheaper Golf, unless you like the look enough to sacrifice interior room.

>>17394726
It's a Golf- regardless of whether or not you consider that a POS, it's much improved over the "New Beetle", which might be the worst fucking car to ever wear a Volkswagen badge.

>>17394802
>>17396800
They did OK with the look, but I think the current Beetle is a missed opportunity- a similarly-styled subcompact/supermini would be more appealing in Europe, and cover a market segment that Volkswagen doesn't currently serve in the American market. I feel like it'd be a bit more in the spirit of the original Beetle, too.

Instead we got yet another Golf body with no reason to exist other than nostalgia.
>>
>>17397514
Isnt the Polo a thing in Yurop?
>>
>>17394454
Still needs another 15 years.
Most guys I talk to think a MX-5 is a girls car
>>
>>17394454
Miata was a chick car because of doctors buying it for their wives, who drove it up and down main street once a week to show off to their friends

Then it wasn't a chick car because it turns out fat 5 foot eleven american women with man shoulders barely fit in them and don't enjoy the stiff ride of a car intended to be bought by car enthusiasts looking for fast cornering. However, five foot ten american/asian/mexican teenagers and ramen-fed autists fit perfectly and a stiff riding corner munching, modifiable sportscar that doesn't cause their insurance to skyrocket THAT ACTUALLY HAS A TRUNK is perfect for them.
>>
>>17397514
It's not a Golf underneath, it's a TT...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.