[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing between two very different vehicles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: $_1.jpg (36KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
36KB, 400x266px
Okay /o/,

I'm trying to decide between a beater '96-'98 XJ or Lexus SC400 to progressively fix up to a very capable DD. The XJs seem cheaper overall, I like the Americana of it, storage space is nice. The SC has the comfort, V8, looks (IMO).

American I6 bulletproof moddable SUV or Japanese V8 bulletproof luxury bubble coupe also moddable?
>>
>>17391286
I have a 95 XJ. I used to own a Soarer with a 1JZ.

The Soarer was a great car to drive but the XJ offers me a lot of utility and stands out a lot here as there aren't many of them.

I would choose the Soarer if you're doing a lot of distance, but the XJ if you have dogs or a trailer. Ideally get both.
>>
>>17391286
Why 96-98 XJ? The 99 is better than the 97-98 and the 94-95 are better than the 96.
>>
>>17391493
Both is the goal! But for the interim the one which would be the better daily will probably win for me. Did you notice any reliability difference between the two? I'm in a big southern city but also do a good amount of traveling down older country roads.
>>17392014
Aren't the '99-'01 notorious for head gasket issues or do I have the years wrong? I started with '96 because of the redesign
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.