[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cars you saved. Cars you couldn't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
Whether it's American, Asian, or European; we all love cars for one reason or another.

Even though we give each other shit sometimes, we can atleast agree that we enjoy the hobby we share.

The downside of our enthusiasm for the automotive world is that cars are machines that will eventually break down, rust out, get in accidents, or eventually just won't be worth fixing.

So, this is a thread dedicated to the vehicles that we care for and either succeeded in keeping alive or failed.

What do you think is the tipping point of a vehicles work vs worth? Share examples cars that you brought back from the brink of death, or let slip away.
>>
92 Accord

Everything was perfect except the AC being broken making it almost impossible to drive as its hot as fuck here all year long.
>>
>>17391294
you scrapped a car because AC went bust?
you are pretty hardcore
>>
I had a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe. The previous owner told me that it needed a lot of work. It had been sitting in a field for 2 years. Rust city.

So, I towed it to my place. Grinded off all the rust and sealed it with paint (there honestly wasnt much rocker paner or quarter panel left).

I went about changing the plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, all sorts of valves. Actually got it started... until I heard this loud scraping noise from the engine... oh no... the motor came to a halt, and never started again. It was toast. Previous owner didn't tell me that the motor had a spun rid bearing. Checked the cylinder walls and there was so much corrosion.

New motor needed, the interior was basically rotted, there was barely any body left because of the rust everywhere. I just couldn't justify it anymore.

Parted it out, sold the new parts for cheap. Only thing left was a rotten interior, rotting shell, the bits and pieces no one else wanted, and a waste of time and money.

Sent it to the scrap yard in the sky. I almost broke even with the $300 the scrap guys gave me.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.