[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 1991 1.6 miata smelled like coolant when I was driving. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170617_174246.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170617_174246.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
My 1991 1.6 miata smelled like coolant when I was driving. I stopped at home and opened my engine bay, smoke or steam was coming out from pic related and just non-stop hissing. I also noticed I'm losing a lot of coolant, it's all under the car. Anyone know what's up?
>>
>gay car has aids
wew
>>
>>17388840
Thanks
>>
radiator's fucked
>>
Even though the smoke is coming from the rear of the bay, the leak could be almost anywhere.
The easiest way to find out, is to fill it up with water and run it. Try to trace where the leak originates.
Keep us posted
>>
Is it coming from the rear of the motor? Because it could be the o-ring on the can a angle sensor has perished, and hot oil has leaked down and destroyed your heater hose behind there... Happened to me, easy fix
>>
Cam angle sensor sorry.
>>
>>17388945
Yes, the rear of the motor. How'd you fix it?
>>
Autozone manules
>>
>>17388960
Just Google how to replace the cane angle sensor o-ring. The Heater hose behind it just has those little clips you take off with pliers, you should be able to find an equivalent hose at an auto parts store that you just cut to length. Then refill the system with coolant. If you can't work this out take your car to a mechanic dude, no shams in that.
>>
>>17388983
Thanks dude. I will try it. I was gonna take it to my trusty Miata mechanic but they just closed and aren't open until monday
>>
File: 1990motorachter.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1990motorachter.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
Coolant doesn't come out of the CAS, oil does. That oil drips down right onto the heater hose and makes it weak and start leaking. Check heater core hoses. Also check the little coolant nipple thing. It's very common on 1.6s for that to start leaking. It's the "cursed water plug" in the photo.
>>
>>17390559
You guys are so helpful, thank you!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.