/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on a road trip across the southeast in a couple weeks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Going on a road trip across the southeast in a couple weeks. Are the major interstates heavily patrolled? Any of those states' HP's particularly strict on speed limits? I've heard the Carolinas are strict whereas Alabama and Mississippi speed limits are more like suggestions. I've also heard driving in Texas is pretty crazy in general. What's your experience driving within the region?
>>
>>17388654
Went through that region for power tour 2015. Cops were mostly chill but I would recommend a radar detector anyway.
>>
>>17388675
Would rather not spend but if it comes down to it, is there a specific you'd recommend?
>>
Florida always seems to be chill as fuck, I regularly pull 100 in the left lane on I-75 and the cops never seem to be around.
>>
>>17389022
Because we have a shortage of high way patrol here in the state.

You can probably drive on I-95 at 100 MPH from Jacksonville to Key West and a cop won't bother pulling you over.
>>
>>17388654
Texas highways just make no damn sense. They have these smaller roads that run parallel to all the highway so you can never really exit when you want to exit.
>>
>>17389340
That's because traffic. TxDot used to build them so that the off-ramps were about a quarter mile or so from the intersections and that was ok until the 90's and the population exploded causing traffic to back up onto the freeways. Now they design it so that the off ramp is just after the prior cross road and that give more room for traffic to back up on the access road and not the freeway.
>>
>>17388654
New York is a hit and miss. On Long Island, Suffolk County Highway Patrol never bothered me and I've passed them at 70. State Troopers are pretty fucking strict, but most cops here don't go after you if you're going with flow of traffic.

Suffolk Sheriff's don't give a flying fuck. I flew onto the LIE doing 90 off an on-ramp, into the shoulder, and cut over between cars into the middle lane. He lit me up, when he came to the window he told me to stop driving like a dick cause my insurance would go up if I got a ticket and let me go. Little did I know, there were 2 Suffolk Highway Patrol cars gunning for me further back (they def would've given a ticket), but the Sheriff got me first.

Anyway, driving through NYC isn't bad at night. I've taken trips in after 10pm, especially on Sunday night.
>>
>>17388654
Whatever you do, DON'T speed in Virginia
>>
>>17388654
I drove through louisiana on i-20 and it was the most patrolled section of my cross country trip. mississippi was lax in comparison. georgia doesn't give a fuck mostly but sc is moderately patrolled.
>>
>>17388654
Tip of the mitt is now 75, and they'll be rolling it out as the roads get buffed.
>>
>>17388654
The 85 mph road in Texas isn't anywhere near as neat as it might be. It's a toll road that lazily curves through farms and ranches and usually takes longer than just going the public highway, unless you're hitting Austin at rush hour.
>>
>65 in Massachusetts
Thank god nobody actually obeys this. I pull 75-80 on almost every highway and so does everyone else. Just don't do it any further west than 84. Nobody lives out west, so cops are more likely to chase you down for speeding.
>>
>>17388654
the border between colorado and kansas is heavily patrolled..

for obvious reason. pretty much all the state borders of rado are blocked off
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.