[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motorswap general anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5628.jpg (24KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5628.jpg
24KB, 245x180px
I'm just curious as to how hard motor swaps are and the pros and cons on its reliability I feel as though if you swap a motor of a car with one never meant for it it would do hell to your vehicles reliability
>>
>>17388403
just do it properly and make sure that you don't exceed the vehicle's drivetrain, axles, and especially transmission limitations

>how hard
depends on motor to vehicle to transmission to OBD. sometimes, the motors fit right on the stock mounts which gets rid of all the hardware issues. then you have to fab all the connectors for the rest of the car unless there's a pre-built kit (like a lot of cummins / ls adapter kits).

>pros
if done by pros, whatever you want
>cons
if done by conartists, everything
>>
>>17388403
>I'm just curious as to how hard motor swaps are

the further away from the original engine specs you go, the harder it is. meaning swapping an inline 4 for another I4 with a bit more displacement is probably not too bad. trying to shove a v8 into a ford focus, however, pretty much requires you to be a mechanical engineer with a few years into the industry.
>>
>>17388428
>yfw v8 red swap kits exist
>>
>>17388403
Anyone put a ford mod motor into a WJ?

I've seen a LA swap, a LS swap, and tons of 4.7 strokers but no ford motors

Considering the 4.7 v8 is designed after a 4.6, I'd like to have it similar, but less spectacularly chrysler, and with a aftermarket that exists

so I'll be fitting it to a 545rfe, or using a ford auto trans? and I guess fabbing all the mounts?
>>
It's the biggest bullshit meme on this board. "I'm going to buy a Yugo and do an LS swap!".

2% of the twats who say they will do it on this board never do, and .5% of that 2% would even have the slightest clue how to do it.

If anyone on this board tells you to engine swap your car, you've been memed.
>>
>>17388790
same thing with all the turbo swaps. the vast majority get to the point of buying the car, taking it apart, and then nothing else happens and eventually sell the car. some even buy portions of the turbo install and then quit and sell the project. very few actually get them to run and even fewer take the time to get them to run well.
>>
>>17388790
So the other 98% that says they're going to actually do it?
>>
File: 1496766655852.png (1MB, 633x946px) Image search: [Google]
1496766655852.png
1MB, 633x946px
>>17388788
There is a kit to swap a windsor, google it
>>
>>17389005
Wait a second, the WJ is a cherokee not a wrangler
>>
I've done a swap with a friend, silvertop 4age into a FX16 hatch. We bought a new harness from a guy who makes them on a forum and pretty much just bolted it in and connected everything. That's probably one of the easiest swaps to do though
>>
I know everyone hates *le LS swap* meme, but how possible would it be to drop an LS1 into a 82-83 Chevy Malibu station wagon?

If not that, what old 80s station wagon should I drop an overpowered (relatively speaking) engine into, and what engine?
>>
>>17389228
>into a 82-83 Chevy Malibu station wagon?
A 350 would be cheaper, easier, and better in every way.
>>
>>17388790
lol I've been saying this for years. There are so many people on here that non-chalantly go around saying "ls swap this, Ls swap that" like it's no big deal

Listen up you fucking retard. You don't know how to and couldn't even if you wanted to. You're some bus riding faggot that doesn't even have access to a garage or somewhere to work on a car, never mind the friends you need to operate the hoist and jack up the tranny

So fuck outta here with that shit
>>
File: dv8k5ZF.jpg (684KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dv8k5ZF.jpg
684KB, 3264x2448px
>>17389014
>>17389005
Yes, no one likes them, no one runs them, so no one makes aftermarket for them.
>>
>>17389243
Which 350 would you suggest? I'm guessing whatever comes out of a that-generation Camaro would be most practical as far as power vs cost vs ease of installment is concerned, but I don't know a lot about swaps in general. Also, how do they compare to LS1s in terms of hp/torque?
>>
>>17388985
Gah meant to say *ever.
>>
>>17389243
a vortec 350 from a truck(4 bolt mains). you're welcome.
>>
>>17388788
The 4.7 Sohc is a fine engine for a wj. Don't be a faggot and put some smol weak engine in it.

If you MUST, put a 5.7 in it. It will bolt to a 545 I believe. But electric throttle, and tons of other shit to swap to...
>>
File: IMG_3289.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3289.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>17389264
Wow somebody is mad they don't have the tools or knowledge to do an LS swap
Stay assblasted faggot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.