[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck is the name of this thing. Bonnet/Hood blanket? Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: HQ-WB-UBonnet.png (933KB, 900x763px) Image search: [Google]
HQ-WB-UBonnet.png
933KB, 900x763px
The fuck is the name of this thing.

Bonnet/Hood blanket?
Fire proofing?
Insulation?

The fabric not the foam you find, it's one piece of construction so i must have a part number therefore a name.
>>
It's material for mice to build nests under your hood, called the mouse mat
>>
Insulation pad
>>
That there's an engine comfy. It ensures the engine is in a state of maximum comfy when running.
>>
>>17387682
Hood Liner, saves the paint from heat a little bit and muffles noise.
>>
>>17387682
It helps your engine keep warm, and some may run too cold without it.
>>
IT MUST HAVE AN OFFICIAL NAME

WHAT DO MANUFACTURES CALL IT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17387741
It isn't even universal within one brand, the last time I had to order one the name was different between the service procedure and the parts catalog so it took forever to figure it out, and I still don't remember what it was called. Most likely going to be Insulation - Underhood or similar
>>
>>17387682
Supposedly falls onto the engine in case of fire. Doesn't seem to work well.
>>
>>17387682
hood pad
>>
>>17388056
I thought it was meant for noise and vibration reduction
>>
>>17387682
>>17387741

Hood Insulation Pad is what most manufacturers call it.

a.k.a.

>Hood Liner
>Bonnet Liner
>Hood Pad
>Bonnet Pad
>Hood Insulator
>Bonnet Insulator

or any combination of the above.

There are some sold from Dynamat that help with sound deadening.
>>
>>17388056
Old myth, shit actually feeds a fire.
>>
>>17388056
>>17389844
yeah that's some ricer/salesman BS, what it CAN do however is prevent the heat of your engine from baking the paint off your hood.
>>
>>17387691
So much this, lol.
>>
>>17387707
Mostly just muffles noise. NHV complaint? Stick a mat over it.
>>
File: 1495737785909.jpg (65KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495737785909.jpg
65KB, 750x750px
Some old fucker at a car dealer told me that was meant to have the fasteners melt, mat fall on engine, in case of a fire. Fire suppression.
>>
That thing we cut out of S13s when doing RB25 swaps and not changing the engine mounts lmao
>>
File: 1497216688211.gif (2MB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497216688211.gif
2MB, 285x200px
>>17387682
Hood insulator, also fire retardant. the plastic clips melt quickly and the material smothers flames.
>>
>>17392573
>>17395074
Again, old myth, quit repeating this shit. First off, the liner will ignite before the plastic clips melt. Then imagine these loose packed fibers soaked in oil vapors falling into a carb backfire. Ask any firefighter, they'll set you straight in a heartbeat.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.