[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sr20det

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: AQ.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
AQ.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Just wondering what you guys think of this motor im putting it in a mark 2 corona
>>
>>17384758
dont like the car but ive heard good things about the engine
>>
its a cool car and a cool engine but dont put an sr20 in it yeah
carbed four or nothing
>>
>>17384758
Don't think it would be worth it or seem right, needs a more calm cruising engine.
>>
>>17384758
I'm a big fan of the SR20det. It's a great motor, but the automotive community has kind of forgotten about it. Which makes its price attractive. You can make just as much, or more power with a sr20de then an aftermarket turbo kit. But that will make it super expensive. Same goes for the sr20ve, which is the patrician choice, as well as the 1.6L variant (ca16ve?)

Personally, I think that the smart money on I4 swaps right now is on the K series Honda motors. You'll make the same where numbers a sr20det maxes out its stock turbo, with a K24 with cams and a tune. The K series will give you more torque down low, and don't runout of steam past 6500 rpm like a SR. The Det is a cheap and flexible motor, but the stock turbo will limit it. And if you put a larger turbo on it (plus all of the other shit to fuel it). You'll be in K series price range anyways.

I've been a big turbo car guy for the last 1.5 decades. Recently, I've been moving back to NA myself (which is odd as the new car market moves back to turbos). You really cannot beat the power delivery of a nice responsive NA motor. And with the K series, you can finally make decent numbers with an I4 ( decent is about 250hp in a small car to me, not 400hp turbo beasts) that doesn't require a $10,000 build that is about to explode, or revving he living piss out of the engine.
>>
>>17384758
It's a great motor, I'm putting one in my hilux.
200hp 4 banger with woosh woosh sounds, what's not to like?
>>
>>17384758
SR's are shit, put a Beams 3GSE in there
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.