[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s opinion on underglow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5621.jpg (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5621.jpg
115KB, 1024x768px
the laws in my state say
>your vehicle may have underglow but it may not be moving it must be in park and may not be on
>it may also not be any color that public officials use I.E blue red orange yellow
Seriously what's the point of having underglow in my state if you can only use it under these circumstances?
Also what's your states laws on underglow and what's your opinion on them?
>>
>>17383961
I guess you can have it for car shows/meets?
>>
Feel like it's been co-opted by riders of hogs with cupholders and handlebar tassels and doesn't have the unique or rebellious look it once had. Even at the time when it worked, it only worked when 100% of the rest of the car was show-ready or it would look like expensive rice on a turd

Then there's the association with F&F, which I really think was a bad influence on imports and car culture in general for the better part of a decade
>>
Never really liked them at all, desu.
Either they were on cars with no performance mods other than (sometimes) chrome wheels that weighed a ton per corner or they were on 'show' cars that had ridiculous cosmetic mods that served the opposite of a performance upgrade.
>Look at me
The lights screamed
>No plz don't
The car would whimper

I was just never into the decals, 'widebodies', rainbow tints and appalling fender gaps everyone had.
>>
Florida
>No neon
>No round shaped or track lights
>No red or blue
>>
>>17384015
That fucking movie aghhh
The entire reason why most of the cheap jap cars shot up in value here in the US, fucking hate that shit.
>>
S'cool. I can tell you most people fuck it up and get low quality lights that have "hotspots" that make the while thing look uneven. Pay the money for a good set of lights that are properly installed/diffused or go home.
>>
File: Underglow_From_Google.jpg (757KB, 1023x767px) Image search: [Google]
Underglow_From_Google.jpg
757KB, 1023x767px
I think they're... interesting at least. It can look nice on a subtle car with no stickers and shit. But I would generally think less of someone driving around with them.

In my state (Alabama) there are zero (0) laws restricting their use, even when driving, but the lights must follow other regulations like:

-The only color visible from the rear (except white license plate lights) must be red/amber - unless they are wired to signal that you are in reverse gear then they'd have to be white.
-No red lighting must be visible from the front.
-No flashing lights unless you're parked or are signalling a road hazard to other drivers.
>>
tacky
>>
>>17383961

California is pretty lax on this. No flashing red or blue. No red or blue in the front of the car
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.